Scoot CEO says they're not perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoot CEO says they're not perfect

Interesting interview with Scoot CEO: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...rvice-11637890

If he does everything he promises, they wont be profitable.

They are low-cost for a reason, having spare planes standing by and reducing utilisation of the plane will put a strain on their profits.

Comment

I don't think they'll have something as egregious as SQ parking -SGG for a couple of months, but more like tweaks to the schedule so that they have at least one plane readily accessible if shit goes up the wall.

Perhaps things like short distance flights they can cancel at a moment's notice to use the plane for something else if required. Besides, it's not like the T1000 isn't completely fault free...
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by nocturne View Post
        If he does everything he promises, they wont be profitable.

They are low-cost for a reason, having spare planes standing by and reducing utilisation of the plane will put a strain on their profits.
        It is not about having a spare plane all the time, the main critieria is service recovery and how fast will the pax be told and meals and drink coupons to be issued asap for long delays, and how its ground staff or its agent ground staff respond to the delay. Scoot can also even arange the transfer fo some of the pax onto other airlines' flights - as what air asia have done before in a long delay. The recent delays have pax stranded up tp 4 days and even from Taipei took 2-3 days to recover the pax.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          It is not about having a spare plane all the time, the main critieria is service recovery and how fast will the pax be told and meals and drink coupons to be issued asap for long delays, and how its ground staff or its agent ground staff respond to the delay. Scoot can also even arange the transfer fo some of the pax onto other airlines' flights - as what air asia have done before in a long delay. The recent delays have pax stranded up tp 4 days and even from Taipei took 2-3 days to recover the pax.

I think this is well said. It is not about spare plane. Firstly, they need to 100% sure that the plane is in good condition before it is airborne. If they can assure this, then no spare plane is needed.

Of course sh*t does happen, then how they will do recovery? maybe they should have Taiwan based crew and technician as they have some flights out of TPE.

In my opinion, it is the mind set. You cannot run a budget airlines with premium airlines mentality. It requires out of the box thinking.....
          visit my blog

Comment

It was mentioned in SQ's Q1 financial reporting that increasing service standards (reducing aircraft utilisation to have standby aircraft) as a reason for TR profits slide

They cant impose SQ thinking to run TR, it wont end well in the long-run. As previous post mentioned, it requires out of the box thinking.

Comment

When I boarded their ICN-TPE-SIN flight in TPE, I noticed that a new set of crew operate the TPE-SIN sector instead of the same set of crew operate all the way. I wonder if it is because it is cheaper to layover in TPE?

I wonder what's the other 5th freedom flights (eg. SIN-TPE-NRT, SIN-TPE-CTS, SIN-KHH-KIX, SIN-DMK-NRT) crew rostering like?

Since they have a large operation in TPE, they could have crew based in TPE. Does Scoot have a crew base in TPE?

Comment

If it was possible to turn-around the aircraft with the same crew, they definitely would have. I dont think given the length of flight of TPE, they could do legally do with the same crew.

Comment

SIA Group reinstates Campbell Wilson as CEO of Scoot

https://www.marketing-interactive.co...-ceo-of-scoot/

The SIA group has reinstated Campbell Wilson, senior vice president sales and marketing as CEO of SIA’s fully-owned subsidiary Scoot. Wilson, who held the role of CEO of Scoot from 2012 to 2016, took on the role of acting SVP sales and marketing at parent company SIA in 2016.

Other changes:
                  Lee Lik Hsin
                  Current: CEO of low-cost carrier Scoot
                  Promoted to: EVP Commercial. He will be responsible for the cargo, customer experience, marketing planning, and sales and marketing divisions, as well as the sales regions.

Mak Swee Wah
                  Current: EVP Commercial
                  Moving to: EVP Operations. He will be responsible for SIA’s cabin crew, customer services and operations, engineering, and flight operations divisions.

Tan Kai Ping
                  Current: SVP Marketing Planning
                  Promoted to EVP Finance and Strategy. In his new role, he will oversee the corporate planning and finance divisions.

Comment

Working...
                  X