Jewel Changi Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shake Shack at Jewel

I haven't eaten at Shake Shack @ Jewel yet, but I headed to Jewel yesterday in the late morning for a walk around. This was a Saturday, the first day of the June school holidays...

I walked by the Shake Shack outlet at Jewel at 11am...

At that hour, there was already a queue to get in...

...and it stretched about 50 meters...

You would have to wait to get it, but the queue didn't look too bad at that hour, although the queue barriers along the corridor indicated that the line could get far, far longer...

Last edited by yflyer; 2 June 2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

This was the line at 12pm yesterday, going all the way to the New Balance shop.

I think if I really needed a Shake Shack burger fix, I would have brought some reading matter (Or at least my iphone or iPad) and joined the queue, but really there were so many eating other options at Jewel that one could get a meal without queuing too long at many other F&B outlets at Jewel.

I also realized, as I was writing this post, that my first Shake Shack experience was way back in 2014, in New York, at the recommendation of fellow SQTalker kelvgoh, (Thanks, kelvgoh!).

Good to have Shake Shack in Singapore now. If anyone has sampled their burgers in the Singapore outlet at Jewel, do share your experience and your feedback on the burgers!
      Last edited by yflyer; 2 June 2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        This was the line at 12pm yesterday, going all the way to the New Balance shop.

I think if I really needed a Shake Shack burger fix, I would have brought some reading matter (Or at least my iphone or iPad) and joined the queue, but really there were so many eating other options at Jewel that one could get a meal without queuing too long at many other F&B outlets at Jewel.

I also realized, as I was writing this post, that my first Shake Shack experience was way back in 2014, in New York, at the recommendation of fellow SQTalker kelvgoh, (Thanks, kelvgoh!).

Good to have Shake Shack in Singapore now. If anyone has sampled their burgers in the Singapore outlet at Jewel, do share your experience and your feedback on the burgers!
        I tried Shake Shack a few weeks back. I queued on a weekday around 4 ish, got to the counter around 515pm and got my food around 5.30pm.

The burgers are good. Buns are soft and pillowy. Wish the patty had more juice though. I think it was over seasoned a little. I had the basic Shack Burger, it was really small... Eat the burger at once because it doesn't taste good when eaten cold.

Skip the fries.

Had the Pandan Shake - it's a bit sweet, but really thick. Think of it as an ondeh-ondeh on steroids or in liquid form.

I would gladly go back for the burger again and perhaps the other shakes. . It's too small to make me satiated.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxMo4R-gP7l/

Comment

Had Shake Shack few times during my trips to Seoul over the last couple of years. Of course its much better than the fast food burgers but given the price, it shoud taste better. The taste is ok but I would never queue more than half an hour for it and wonder how people can Q for more than 2 hours. There's a few outlets in S Korea and there's no need to Q more than half hour if at all during peak times.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
            So has anyone try out the Changi Lounge at Jewel Changi?

Was wondering how's the refreshments and their offerings in Changi Lounge...
            I just checked today and Changi Lounge is available for access for DragonPass. Hope to check it out soon.

https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/lounge/390563

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
              I just checked today and Changi Lounge is available for access for DragonPass. Hope to check it out soon.

https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/lounge/390563
              Yup, it was recently available to Priority Pass, DragonPass, LoungeKey, and maybe some other lounge passes users. This makes it the 2nd lounge in SIN in the landside area.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                Yup, it was recently available to Priority Pass, DragonPass, LoungeKey, and maybe some other lounge passes users. This makes it the 2nd lounge in SIN in the landside area.

Suppose like T3, need to show both the Membership Card and a valid Boarding Pass? It was the "problem" with Haven before that access was possible without even flying.

Comment

Finally got round to eating at Shake Shack @ Jewel this evening, with Mrs yflyer, Miss yflyer no.2 and my nephew.

Today was a Monday, and the queue at around 6pm was not long at all (Compared to the weekend queues, or the massive lines when Shake Shack first opened here.) It took about 15-20 minutes in line before we got to the head of the queue to place our order. After we ordered, it was another 20 minute wait before our buzzer went off to indicate our food was ready for collection.

The restaurant was quite full, with all tables downstairs occupied, and just a smattering of seats available on the second level. We found a table upstairs.

The menu was very similar to the menu in the USA (Right down to the dog biscuits)...

...with some localised options such as the Pandan milk shake.

A very tempting selection of wine and beer on the menu as well...

Our buzzer went off 20 minutes later, and I headed back to the counter to collect a tray with our order, which included 4 different burger variations, along with wine ("Shack Red"), beer, cheesy fries and desserts...

My shack double was superb...with warm, tender and juicy beef patties, and an overall taste quite similar to the US Shake Shack. This went very well with the ShackMeister Ale.

My nephew thought his shack burger had the nicest beef patty he had ever eaten...

Miss yflyer no.2 comment, as she munched into her Shake Stack, comprising both a beef pattie and a portobello mushroom, was that she was "enjoying this burger much more than I thought I would enjoy it!"...

The only person who wasn't 100% satisfied was Mrs yflyer: She said her Shack burger was "very good, but not warm enough"...quite possibly hers was the first to be prepared, and might have sat on the tray a little longer than all the others and had maybe cooled down a little.

The desserts and shakes were very good too.

I think there has been quite a bit of hype around Shake Shack, and questions about whether it was worth such a long queue. Nowadays, you still have to wait, but the queues aren't ridiculous (At least on week days). I haven't tried all other burgers in Singapore so I can't say if they are the best in SG, but I can at least say that the Shake Shack burgers were excellent, and very close to what you would get if you ate at Shack Shack in the USA.

Overall a very satisfying meal at Shake Shack.
                  Last edited by yflyer; 3 September 2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

As an extra visual dessert after that very filling dinner at Shake Shack, I headed to the Rain Vortex at 7.30pm to watch the short light show (Which was repeated every hour from 7.30pm to 12.30am)...

This was quite a pleasant display to watch and experience...

The Rain Vortex at Jewel is stunning at any time of day, but watching the light show at night did give it yet another amazing dimension.

Comment

Just checking I’ve got my facts right as I’ve not been through Changi since January...

My brother and his family thought they’d visit Jewel but didn’t realise it was landslide. With two small kids and 2.5 hour transits, that’s clearly not going to happen. But if they take the T2-T3 Skytrain they’ll get a decent view of the waterfall, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        My brother and his family thought they’d visit Jewel but didn’t realise it was landslide. With two small kids and 2.5 hour transits, that’s clearly not going to happen. But if they take the T2-T3 Skytrain they’ll get a decent view of the waterfall, correct?
                        Will have to check the waterfall is operating at the hours they are at Changi.
                        Yes, the airside and landside T2-T3 skytrain will give some view of the waterfall, if the waterfall is in operation.
                        I think now it is 2 carriages for landside and 1 carriage for airside.

Comment

Just checking I’ve got my facts right as I’ve not been through Changi since January...

Hi SQ228! Landside is still where you need to be experience the full impact of the Rain Vortex, but the airside Skytrain from T3 B gates to T2 E gates will also give you a view (What you can see is highlighted here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16511#7).

Note that only the airside train from T3 B side to T2 E side (and vice versa) will give yoi this view.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                            Will have to check the waterfall is operating at the hours they are at Changi.
                            Yes, the airside and landside T2-T3 skytrain will give some view of the waterfall, if the waterfall is in operation.
                            I think now it is 2 carriages for landside and 1 carriage for airside.
                            You can take skytrain from landside through jewel? I thought only possible airside.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                              Hi SQ228! Landside is still where you need to be experience the full impact of the Rain Vortex, but the airside Skytrain from T3 B gates to T2 E gates will also give you a view (What you can see is highlighted here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16511#7).

Note that only the airside train from T3 B side to T2 E side (and vice versa) will give yoi this view.
                              Thank you for this! I see now how it works- the original T3-T2 train from the A gates is NOT the one they need to take. Only the new one from the B side.

I’m actually hoping I might be visiting it myself soon, maybe with a bit of time to meet up with some of the locals hopefully.

Comment

I’m actually hoping I might be visiting it myself soon, maybe with a bit of time to meet up with some of the locals hopefully.
                                Yes, let's do it! Let one of us know when.

Comment

Working...
                                X