Views from a Window Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    Correct, Emirates is the only airline permitted to provide views of the bridge.
    lol
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
      Refer to my post on the SFO, that was an SQ flight
      Wow humour not a strong point on this board...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        lol
        Thank you for “getting it”. I was beginning to wonder...

Comment

Mount Fuji taken from SQ631 last Monday shortly after take off from Haneda. Zoomed up view.

Without zooming up.

Comment

Beautiful SQKevin

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
              Mount Fuji taken from SQ631 last Monday shortly after take off from Haneda. Zoomed up view.

Without zooming up.
              Well done, SQKevin!

Comment

Prior to landing at JFK on SQ24, I snapped this pic of Manhattan Island at dusk, with Midtown and Central Park clearly visible, as well as a few pixels worth of the Statue of Liberty...

A few other pics in a Trip Report here!

Comment

Midway through my Air Canada flight from Montreal to Vancouver earlier this week, I saw this airport out the window, while at cruising altitude...

I looked at the inflight map and was slightly stunned to see that this was close to Gimli.

Was this the airport used by the "Gimli Glider", the AC 767 that made a successful emergency landing in 1983, when it ran out of fuel midflight?

A quick Google search confirmed that the airport was indeed Gimli Industrial Park Airport (YGM), where the incident took place.

More on the Gimli Glider incident here.

As additional trivia, take a look at the pic of the AC 767 in the article above, and you will see the words "Singapore '85" on the tail. Apparently this was painted on the tails of some of AC's aircraft back in 1985 when they introduced the YYZ-LHR-BOM-SIN route (Although the route itself was operated by Lockheed L-1011 Tristars). It looks like the Gimli glider was also painted with that slogan on the tail at some point after it was repaired and returned to service after the 1983 incident.
                  Last edited by yflyer; 14 April 2024, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X