Confirmed: SQ to restart SQ21/22 to EWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
    Seat on your favorite 3 seater sofa with 50" tv in front of you for 19 hours already cannot tahan. Can't imagine even for business class....i would rather transit at FRA.
    That’s exactly will they keep the option.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
      Slightly off-topic: isn't SFO further from SIN than LAX is? If so, why is SFO getting a Y-configured A350 and LAX would use the A359ULRs with C- and W-only seats? And why didn't SQ bother to install F seats on such ULR flights?
      Actually, LAX is further away from SIN than SFO.

GCmap puts SIN - SFO at 8446 miles, while SIN - LAX is 8770 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
        Seat on your favorite 3 seater sofa with 50" tv in front of you for 19 hours already cannot tahan. Can't imagine even for business class....i would rather transit at FRA.
        I am with you. This is why for flights from the UK to MNL, I prefer gulf flights. Tbh, after travelling London-New York several times, I have gotten used to 7-hour flights as being 'long' already. The likes of DXB act like an oasis in these cases.
        Last edited by hybridace101; 30 May 2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

With only C and PE configuration, this means that this aircraft cannot be used for other destination.

Will the history repeat, as the oil price is now steadily increase?
          visit my blog

Comment

With only C and PE configuration, this means that this aircraft cannot be used for other destination.

visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
              The ULR will use the same business class seats as the standard A350-900.
              SQ CEO has been coy about this. You sound rock solid sure about this. Share more with us.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post

The A350ULR are configured for... ULR. Maybe in addition to EWR and LAX, they add Canada or another station in the ULR range.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  The 2017 J seats are too wide to fit into the A350.
                  5.61m vs 5.92m.
                  I had read about this too.
                  I have yet to sit on the 2017 and I am avoiding it as much as I can. So I may just be very biased. Don’t take offense, fans of 2017 J (if any).

So it seems the seat itself is narrow but the overall space is wider? Which means the table / storage space is very wide then. This makes me even feel like the new J even more of a joke and even less enticing ever.

I had sat on and find both the A350 J 787 J perfect for both Long haul and regional. I don’t quite understand what is the new A380 J adding value to. Might as well use the 787 J there. Perfectly fine for Long haul as well.

So for the A350ULR, I am secretly hoping that it is a reversal of cabin retrofit may be after getting some feedback in recent months. 2013 stays and 2017 scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                    It was the reverse problem previously on SIN-EWR, something like 11am departure, arriving late afternoon around 4pm, if I remember correctly. Sometimes connections were difficult, depending on to where you were connecting.

Does anyone know what is the main determining factor the determines flight timing for a route like this? Is it the available landing slot into EWR?
                    It was a 12pm departure from SIN, arriving in EWR 18 hours later at 6pm ET (without DST). I remember I joined a long queue at dinnertime to have my passport stamped, before being whisked off to New York City, back in 2006/7.

Comment

While I don't enjoy the 12-hour swop in departure time, I'm consoled that the airline has chosen to retain the flight number, SQ22.

Comment

SQ CEO has been coy about this. You sound rock solid sure about this. Share more with us.
                        Its a fact that its 2013 J. Please read the link in SQ's News Release. Also, please read his article which is linked on the 1st post.

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                        So for the A350ULR, I am secretly hoping that it is a reversal of cabin retrofit may be after getting some feedback in recent months. 2013 stays and 2017 scrapped.
                        It is confirmed plus chop that its 2013 J.

Comment

How are cabin crews' schedules like for this flight? The crews would been duty for 20+ hours. I can't imagine what a slight delay would do to their already-long schedule. It is difficult for passengers to stay awake after a 12-ish hour flight.

Comment

‘Rock solid’ because, not seeing this data in the original release and having (notoriously!) pestered SQ PR about it for yonks now, I called SQ PR to once again ask about the seat - they replied with the quote that’s in the article, confirming it’s the standard A350 seat,
                            Last edited by djsflynn; 31 May 2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Its a fact that its 2013 J. Please read the link in SQ's News Release. Also, please read his article which is linked on the 1st post.

It is confirmed plus chop that its 2013 J.
                              https://bit.ly/2rXYbIK

Are you referring to this link?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                                I had read about this too.
                                I have yet to sit on the 2017 and I am avoiding it as much as I can. So I may just be very biased. Don’t take offense, fans of 2017 J (if any).

So it seems the seat itself is narrow but the overall space is wider? Which means the table / storage space is very wide then. This makes me even feel like the new J even more of a joke and even less enticing ever.

I had sat on and find both the A350 J 787 J perfect for both Long haul and regional. I don’t quite understand what is the new A380 J adding value to. Might as well use the 787 J there. Perfectly fine for Long haul as well.

I always forget the upper deck of the A380 floor width is quite wide because of the 2-4-2 set up in the upper deck economy. I will be able to test out the new A380J in a couple of weeks. I still enjoy the 2006 J very much because of the width. I'm more than 6ft and I can seat cross-legged!

Comment

Working...
                                X