A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SHH is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (08JUN19) with STA: 2000 as SQ8895.
    9V-SHH is displaying her Final Registration and ready for her Delivery Flight tomorrow morning.

Comment

• 9V-SHH has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is scheduled to arrive at Changi this evening at 7.45pm local time or later.

Comment

• 9V-SHH has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 36.

Comment

• 9V-SHI has completed her First Flight.

Photo source: a350production.net

Comment

• 9V-SHI has completed her CAF. Delivery appears likely this weekend. At the same time, 9V-SMV (Long Hual) has completed her First Flight.

Comment

• 9V-SHI performing her CAF.

First Flight of 9V-SMV.

Photo Source: a350production.net

Comment

• 9V-SHI is displaying her final registration and is ready for Delivery this weekend. She only had 2 Test Flights, the fewest for any SQ A350-900 to date.

Comment

• I must have missed the posts of the new tranche of long haul A350s. When are the deliveries for these due?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                    I must have missed the posts of the new tranche of long haul A350s. When are the deliveries for these due?
                    Well, SQKevin might be able to say more precisely, but FWIW, here are the line numbers and registrations (we're at line number 322 for 9V-SHI. Airbus is delivering about 10 A350's a month, but the deliveries are not consistently in line number sequence):

329 9V-SMV (probably July. There's also 9V-SHJ at line number 328...)
                    341 9V-SMW
                    344 9V-SMY
                    348 9V-SMZ
                    364 9V-SJA

I'd guess the three middle ones will all show up mid-to late-summer -- so, perhaps 4 of the 5 by beginning of the Northern Winter timetable (with new A359LH routes) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                      Well, SQKevin might be able to say more precisely, but FWIW, here are the line numbers and registrations (we're at line number 322 for 9V-SHI. Airbus is delivering about 10 A350's a month, but the deliveries are not consistently in line number sequence):

329 9V-SMV (probably July. There's also 9V-SHJ at line number 328...)
                      341 9V-SMW
                      344 9V-SMY
                      348 9V-SMZ
                      364 9V-SJA

I'd guess the three middle ones will all show up mid-to late-summer -- so, perhaps 4 of the 5 by beginning of the Northern Winter timetable (with new A359LH routes) ?
                      Interesting, the SJ* series is being reused and in a comparable way to the SG* series, too.

We know SEA and CPH will need these new planes and sooner or later it will have to include IST since they only plan to have one 772ER left by next March. I can't think of any other plane they have in the fleet suitable for IST and even the long haul A359 is maybe a little too premium heavy.

Comment

• Can't the regional 359 do IST?
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                          Can't the regional 359 do IST?
                          I suspect it's out of range, although someone else needs to confirm this as I'm not in any way an expert. I think if CHC could get the regional version it probably would have, but just as CHC wasn't able to served by the regional 772, it got the long haul A359 after a long wait after BNE 'borrowed' it while SQ waited on the regional version. IST is a slightly longer flight than CHC.

I suspect crew rest facilities might be just as relevant as technical capabilities on a ~10 hour flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            I suspect it's out of range, although someone else needs to confirm this as I'm not in any way an expert. I think if CHC could get the regional version it probably would have, but just as CHC wasn't able to served by the regional 772, it got the long haul A359 after a long wait after BNE 'borrowed' it while SQ waited on the regional version. IST is a slightly longer flight than CHC.

I suspect crew rest facilities might be just as relevant as technical capabilities on a ~10 hour flight.
                            I think the regional A350 have the range to do IST. But then think it does not have crew rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post

I could well be off the mark, but I think one of the reason why CHC gets the long haul A359 is probably because there might be demand for PE seats ex CHC, especially since NZ offers a very good PE hard product.

With regards to range, yes I think CHC is out of range for the regional birds, because I remember sometime back in the early-mid 2000's SQ "converted" 2 of the 772 "Regional birds" (I think it was SQN and one of the SR series birds) and "uprated" them to 77E specs to serve CHC and AKL

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                                I think the regional A350 have the range to do IST. But then think it does not have crew rest.
                                You're correct. They don't have crew rest.

Also, the regional A350s are MTOW and engine thrust are reduced. Might be a stretch to carry all the load to IST.

IST will be interesting to see in coming days

Comment

Working...
                                X