Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetarian BTC options in F

Greetings,

I've got an upcoming SIN-FRA in F at the end of December. While I'm certainly looking forward to the SkySuite, my concern is about the BTC options available, being vegetarian (seafood doesn't work either).

Two questions hence:
    1. Has anyone tried the only vegetarian option I could find in the BTC menu ("Roasted vegetables") and is it worth the trouble? Details welcome.

2. What would the experts here recommend I ask for if I was to expect getting something other than a Y meal presented on F cutlery?

Thoughts appreciated.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by LightSpeed; 4 December 2008, 08:28 PM.

Originally posted by LightSpeed View Post
    1. Has anyone tried the only vegetarian option I could find in the BTC menu ("Roasted vegetables") and is it worth the trouble? Details welcome.
    I've had this dish several times, and it's one of my favorite. It's delicious and, though it's vegetarian, it is very filling and definitely not light. It's comprised of various roasted veggies on salad leaves, with a mashed avocado topping and a cheesy fried dough basket (I think). One time the flight attendant only presented me with the roasted veggies and forgot the other 2 elements. I had to point it out to him to have the dish completed.

Comment

To be safe, of course better to have the BTC vegetarian options. But just in case, occasionally, in the main menu there is an choice of meatless option, but not always there in the menu. Sometimes the soup is interesting as well, like cream of asparagus. And many times I found the crew was accommodating in mix and match of the vegetables options from the main course.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
        I've had this dish several times, and it's one of my favorite. It's delicious and, though it's vegetarian, it is very filling and definitely not light. It's comprised of various roasted veggies on salad leaves, with a mashed avocado topping and a cheesy fried dough basket (I think). One time the flight attendant only presented me with the roasted veggies and forgot the other 2 elements. I had to point it out to him to have the dish completed.
        That description certainly sounds good. I'll indeed order this on the way up...

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        And many times I found the crew was accommodating in mix and match of the vegetables options from the main course.
        ...and order a lacto-ovo vegetarian special meal with the mix-and-match options courtesy of the crew on the way back to SIN.

Thanks.

Comment

How about it in C ?

I've got a friend flying to BKK from SIN in C and she's vegetarian. Though I think the Asian Veg option would suit her, I am tempted to opt for this particular dish as OP suggested.

I rarely see people do a TR on 'special' diets!

I would ask people to avoid ordering anything gluten free ex-SIN though! You'd always get soft rice cakes! Yeech.

Comment

I am also curious to know how they would handle a vegetarian request for the full meal (not just BTC) in F.
            Would they accommodate for the starter and soup courses as well (meaning, would they give you an actual veg starter and soup (something nice, rather than a few sliced veggies and a blandish soup)?

I've never seen anything posted about the REST of the multi-course meal beyond the main.

Comment

Most likely pax gets asked if the soup is suitable, and if not then no soup for you. Similarly for other courses. Could ask for extra fruit say in lieu.

Comment

Not strictly a vegetarian here but not much of a meat lover, I'm considering BTC-ing Roasted Vegetables for my first flight in SQ's F next month

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
                  I am also curious to know how they would handle a vegetarian request for the full meal (not just BTC) in F.
                  Would they accommodate for the starter and soup courses as well (meaning, would they give you an actual veg starter and soup (something nice, rather than a few sliced veggies and a blandish soup)?

I've never seen anything posted about the REST of the multi-course meal beyond the main.
                  If you order BTC, it only applies to the main dish. All the other courses will be from the regular menu.

If you want to order a BTC for the main dish AND a special meal (e.g. VLML) for the other courses, you have to ask the agent to input the special meal code plus the BTC code. Some agents will tell you that it's not possible. You just have to tell them that it is possible to enter both requests. If they don't know how to do it, their supervisor should.

Comment

LightSpeed maybe you can try the Indian Menu if there is one in F. They are generally vegetarian and full of flavour.

Comment

I'm a strict vegetarian and have flown several times on SQ F and always requested asian vegetarian - indian option and have never gone wrong once! The meals have been superb each and everytime whether on a short SIN-BKK (when F was available) or between SFO-HKG-SIN or LAX-NRT-SIN or LHR-SIN or JFK-FRA-SIN routes. I have never tried BTC vegetarian.

The indian vegetarian option, is a full multi course meal same as any other western mean. You would get vegetarian version of satays if the flight was serving this course, soup/salad (most recently served green pea soup), appetizer, main course, desert (which most times I have opted for regular desert), fruit and cheese/crackers.

Below are some the indian vegetarian meal pics I have taken on during some of my SQ F trips.

cheers.
                      Last edited by SQ All The Way; 14 July 2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                        You would get vegetarian version of satays if the flight was serving this course,
                        When you can, please post pictures of these vegetarian satays. I'm most intrigued

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          When you can, please post pictures of these vegetarian satays. I'm most intrigued
                          Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                            Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of them.
                            Thanks for all of the great pics.

It looks as though SQ does do the whole meal properly if you order Indian veg!

I noticed that the charger was silver and metallic with your meals, rather than the usual Givenchy one - quite interesting! I've never seen a variation like that on SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                              If you want to order a BTC for the main dish AND a special meal (e.g. VLML) for the other courses, you have to ask the agent to input the special meal code plus the BTC code. Some agents will tell you that it's not possible. You just have to tell them that it is possible to enter both requests. If they don't know how to do it, their supervisor should.
                              I tried to order for both VLML and roasted vegetable so that I am able to have some vegetarian starters and soup and I got the following reply:

Thank you for your email dated 02 September 12 to Singapore Airlines
                              concerning meal request.

With regard to request, our booking record shows that the Roasted
                              Vegetables for lunch served on board the flight booked SQ830 date
                              19September from Singapore to Pudong, Shanghai. We regret unable to request
                              VLML on the same routing as we only have one meal service onboard this
                              flight.

Informatively, you may request the above should your routing have more than
                              one meal service.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Call Centre should you require
                              additional information.

Mr Slacker, once again thank you for writing to us and for allowing us to
                              explain.

Yours sincerely,
                              Mazlina Jantan (Ms)
                              Priority Passenger Contact Centre
                              [quote]

Any suggestion to get this done?

Comment

Working...
                              X