No announcement yet.

SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a YouTube Vlog of the flight experience with SQ from CGK T3 in business class, albeit in Bahasa: https://youtu.be/KLGme4KUzTc

Some key takeaways:
    1. No dedicated immigration lane anymore
    2. Business class passengers given a Plaza Premium Saphire Lounge voucher or a IDR 250,000 food voucher
    3. SQ flight departed from gate 5 (near to lounge)
    4. X-Mas Amenities kit given out. Red one for outstation flight to Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
      2. Business class passengers given a Plaza Premium Saphire Lounge voucher or a IDR 250,000 food voucher
      That’s not a bad deal at all. I’d rather get that than access to a sub par lounge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
        That’s not a bad deal at all. I’d rather get that than access to a sub par lounge.
        The Plaza Premium Saphire is arguably the best non-Garuda lounge in CGK, maybe even whole of Indonesia. As you can see in the video, it has a nice airy feel with tarmac view and hot food cook to order like most Plaza Premium lounges with decent buffet options.

Comment

• Here's my experience departing T3 at CGK.

The check in ladies confirmed that check in closes 60 minutes before departure, as opposed to 40 minutes previously at T2. That's not good. They said something about the distances being farther for the bags to travel at T3. Indeed, the check in ladies were complaining everything is a long walk at T3.

The check in itself was uneventful. Clearing security took a little longer than T2, about 12 minutes that day. They have a women's only screening line, which is quite unique. Not many women going thru screening that day, so ladies cleared security very quickly.

The walk from security to the lounge seems really long, but it was really only a 7 minute walk. The lounge has nice airside views, decent sofa, work cubicle and meal table setups and was not crowded. The food options include a live station and a buffet. The food was so-so.

Departure was from gate 5, which was not too far from the lounge. So overall, not a bad experience. But it's true T3 cannot match the efficiency of T2 for departures.
          Last edited by Short Final; 5 December 2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
            Here's my experience departing T3 at CGK.

The check in ladies confirmed that check in closes 60 minutes before departure, as opposed to 40 minutes previously at T2. That's not good. They said something about the distances being farther for the bags to travel at T3. Indeed, the check in ladies were complaining everything is a long walk at T3.

The check in itself was uneventful. Clearing security took a little longer than T2, about 12 minutes that day. They have a women's only screening line, which is quite unique. Not many women going thru screening that day, so ladies cleared security very quickly.

The walk from security to the lounge seems really long, but it was really only a 7 minute walk. The lounge has nice airside views, decent sofa, work cubicle and meal table setups and was not crowded. The food options include a live station and a buffet. The food was so-so.

Departure was from gate 5, which was not too far from the lounge. So overall, not a bad experience. But it's true T3 cannot match the efficiency of T2 for departures.

This will be the biggest nightmare to me.....
            visit my blog

Comment

• Here's a picture of the IDR 150k voucher:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boy View Post
                Here's a picture of the IDR 150k voucher:
                The question, what you can buy with IDR 150K in the airport?
                visit my blog

Comment

• anyone know does this mean all international flight departing CGK now is using T3?
                  visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    anyone know does this mean all international flight departing CGK now is using T3?
                    No, some airlines are still departing from Terminal 2 for international flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabioaurelio View Post
                      Just to add, now T2 international flight has been reduced to only T2D as T2E has been allocated to Batik Air domestic flights. Air Asia international flights will move back to T2 later this month after previously moving to T3 earlier in the year.

Comment

The question, what you can buy with IDR 150K in the airport?
                        It's not too bad, in my opinion. A decent cup of coffee costs around 50k. A sandwich/burger costs around 75k. These are the upper bound of the prices. There are many cheaper options.

Personally, I think this is an improvement over T2's Pura Indah. At Pura Indah, I usually just take the soup and tea because the main dishes are very repetitive and boring (pasta, fried rice, noodles). With this new arrangement, at least we can choose from 7 restaurants.

More importantly, Pura Indah isn't a comfortable place to do some work. The T3 restaurants are much better. My only complaint is the weak aircon.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabioaurelio View Post
                          which airlines still use T2?

Not sure why SQ "rush" to T3 then
                          visit my blog

Comment

• the plan is CGK T2 will be converted to LCC terminal

Comment

International
                              - Emirates, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines, Srilankan Airlines, and all Lion group airlines.

Airasia will move back to T2 on December 12th, while EVA Air will move to T3 On December 11th.

Domestic
                              - Batik Air, Sriwijaya Air, Nam Air, Indonesia Airasia.

Comment

SQ was supposed to move months ago. I only saw Lion Air, Sriwijaya and Sri Lankan at T2 last week. Just 4 aircraft.
                                Last edited by Short Final; 7 December 2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X