Star Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Alliance

1. Anyone knows how Star Alliance member airlines share information about their customers? For example, when you fly with SQ but have a Lufthansa Gold card, your miles will automatically be transferred and SQ will have access to your card's validity information instantly... Does Star Alliance have a particular system and how is the sharing of data regulated?

2. Is it true that if for example a Lufthansa Gold member flying SQ uses Kris Flyer lounge, Lufthansa will have to pay a certain amount to SQ for the lounge use and vice-versa. How all that works?

3. If a Lufthansa member flies SQ, will SQ pay a courtesy fee to Lufthansa and vice-versa?

Nb: Lufthansa is used as an example. Can apply to any Star Alliance member.

Thanks !

1) If I am not mistaken the system is called StarNet. When you add your LH FFP for a SQ flight, the system will check for your status on that day. If you are a Gold member, the system will automatically show you as *G. SQ won't see any other details.

2) Yes. Any time you enter any lounge the airline of the other FFP has to pay. I think the agreed rate is 29 USD. Lots of airlines have made business cases out of this. Lufthansa makes tons of money out of this in Frankfurt.

3) There is no courtesy fee paid for you being onboard.

Comment

Thanks for this detailed reply. So the 29 USD is only debited to the airline once the boarding pass is scanned when I enter the lounge. But I presume that if I do not use the lounge, the airline will not have to pay it? And this 29 USD includes my guest (Star Alliance allows one guest travelling on Star Alliance) or will my airline pay an additional 20 USD for my guest ?

Do you know if the arrangements are similar for let's say Star Alliance lounge? If an SQ member is using a Star Alliance flagship lounge, then SQ will pay the entrance to the lounge operator (e.g. Plaza Premium... ) or are the arrangements different?

Anyways thanks for clarifying my doubts !

Comment

Pretty detailed question for someone with only some curious interest...

It goes without saying that this is pay per use and the *A lounge operates the same way.

Comment

Working...
        X