• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free limited wifi onboard

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...business-class

Only on A380, 77WR & A350

1st 100MB in F
    1st 30MB in C and/or if you're PPS

Bo wonder as I was onboard SQ208 from Mel to SIN on 12th Feb and my phone automatically lock on to the wifi. Did ask the LSS but she say she was no aware of it(?)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...business-class

1st 100MB in F
      1st 30MB in C and/or if you're PPS
      30MB? So belittling....The person who designed this didn't put on boxing gloves to punch but trying to pull one or two wiskers.

Comment

Complimentary in-flight WiFi for PPS Club Members

Just got this in the mail.

Dear Mr XYZ

Complimentary in-flight WiFi for PPS Club Members

From today, all customers travelling in premium classes on Singapore Airlines A380, A350 and Boeing 777-300ER aircraft will enjoy complimentary WiFi. First Class and Suites customers will receive 100MB of WiFi while Business Class customers will receive 30MB of WiFi.

As an exclusive benefit for PPS Club members, you will enjoy complimentary 30MB of WiFi when travelling in Economy or Premium Economy Class on these aircraft.

To enjoy the free WiFi offering, you will only need to provide your last name and seat number via the ‘Complimentary Access’ section of the WiFi portal onboard. More details are available on the seat-back cards onboard the aircraft.

Comment

30 MB free WiFi after spending $25k ....

Comment

30 meg won't last 10 seconds!

Comment

From a marketing point of view they would have been better off not offering this at all, passengers aren't going to think "Wow free Wifi" they are going to think "that is pretty stingy".

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Not just those, it's in every SQ jet fitted with WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                  From a marketing point of view they would have been better off not offering this at all, passengers aren't going to think "Wow free Wifi" they are going to think "that is pretty stingy".

Especially in comparison to others...... my TK flight a couple months ago certainly was unlimited. Was plugged into soothing Spotify whilst laying down half the flight - never went off or buffered - and then WhatsApp'd some work another hour.

Comment

30MB? That should be PLENTY to briefly see just one page and then exit.

I strongly feel something like first 15 minutes free would instead be more sensible.

Comment

I had no issue using the wifi throughout the 7 hour flight from MEL to SIN.

Comment

Seriously, what can we do with 30MB today?

Comment

I bet app updates will kill the 30 meg limit in minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            I had no issue using the wifi throughout the 7 hour flight from MEL to SIN.
                            Same for me. I bought 30MB on my last flight from SIN to LHR from my iPhone. Email and Line worked for the duration of the flight. Not sure how much I’ve used though.

A bit annoying is that the access isn’t transferable between devices.
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

More for those residing in Singapore and on one of the postpaid phone networks that allows data roaming....

Has anyone used the 24 hour passes that you can subscribe to via mobile to browse in-flight? I know Singtel offers an in-flight service for $29.99 SGD, but I’ve never used it myself. Wondering how reliable it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X