No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And with the regional A350s coming in towards the end of the year, it could also replace some of regional routes served by the long-haul A350s and free them up for the CHC flights.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Agreed. Well spotted! (Excuse the pun )

This makes me suspect the SV series is more than likely on the way out. They only need about 5 now to cover existing flights and this will reduce their need even further. Question now remains where they will get the A359 from. Could be that BNE switches to the 787, or SFO changes to ULR. I'd lean toward the BNE option.
      SQ228 Heh... all good there matey, at least I lived up to my namesake, since WLGSpotter do stands for Well(ington) Spotte(r)..

In any case I do agree with your assessment that they'd probably switch BNE to the 787, or as ycp81 mentioned BNE could even switch over to the regional config A359s...

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
        SQ228 Heh... all good there matey, at least I lived up to my namesake, since WLGSpotter do stands for Well(ington) Spotte(r)..

In any case I do agree with your assessment that they'd probably switch BNE to the 787, or as ycp81 mentioned BNE could even switch over to the regional config A359s...
        I've never heard that the regional A350s are arriving any time this year- it has been previously mentioned some time into 2019, so BNE would have to be the 787, if BNE is the solution. One possible scenario would be BNE and PER going all 787, freeing up 3 of the A350s to cover IST and CHC, thus wiping out all the SV-series current routes and seeing them leave by early next year.

Comment

I've never heard that the regional A350s are arriving any time this year- it has been previously mentioned some time into 2019, so BNE would have to be the 787, if BNE is the solution. One possible scenario would be BNE and PER going all 787, freeing up 3 of the A350s to cover IST and CHC, thus wiping out all the SV-series current routes and seeing them leave by early next year.
          Yeah forgot about the fact I, too, haven't heard about the regional A359s being delivered this year, so you're right that if BNE is the destination where the A359s are coming from then BNE would have to go 787...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
            I don't see this as being weird. 9V-SGA will definitely be the first to be delivered in August. 9V-SGB & 9V-SGC are already in the FAL and can be delivered in August and September. 9V-SGD will be entering the FAL very soon. I don't see why she can't be delivered in October. If you are so concerned about the A350 ULR with registrations in alphabetical order being delivered in sequence, you will not be disappointed. 9V-SGE can wait in line to be delivered on 31 October.
            In that case, based on what you said that makes complete sense to me then. Although the first few are being delivered in Aug and Sep, I wonder when we will have an official date for the nonstop LAX and NYC routes.

Comment

Yeah forgot about the fact I, too, haven't heard about the regional A359s being delivered this year, so you're right that if BNE is the destination where the A359s are coming from then BNE would have to go 787...
              The news is out now that they expect to receive 1 regional A350 before 31MAR19, and my guess is that it won't be alone for several months. I'd be suggesting the regional configuration will appear around Feb/March next year.

Another possibility is that they are going to receive a lone regional A350 and then not another for 3 months and that is the one they plan to send to CHC. Somehow I think that is less likely.

Comment

Another possibility is that they are going to receive a lone regional A350 and then not another for 3 months and that is the one they plan to send to CHC. Somehow I think that is less likely.
                I think that is less likely too because SQ have marketed that when CHC gets the A359 the route will also get PE, so unless the regional A359s will also feature PE I don’t think SQ will be sending them (regional A359) to CHC...

Comment

• By what you all are saying, since SQ got through deliveries of some longhaul 359 (21 of them, including SMU), it sounds like from this point it will be the 359ULR and once all the ULR are delivered, the regional A350 deliveries will start after that.
                  Last edited by SQfanatic; 20 May 2018, 01:34 PM. Reason: Confused myself, counted wrong again, 21 instead of 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    By what you all are saying, since SQ got through deliveries of some longhaul 359 (26 of them, including SMU), it sounds like from this point it will be the 359ULR and once all the ULR are delivered, the regional A350 deliveries will start after that.
                    Yes, that is already widely known and covered in this thread, although I simply don't know where your number of 26 has come from.

Comment

I think that is less likely too because SQ have marketed that when CHC gets the A359 the route will also get PE, so unless the regional A359s will also feature PE I don’t think SQ will be sending them (regional A359) to CHC...
                      Ah, I wasn't aware of that- we can shut down that possibility then. It'll be a while before we get any news of where the first regional A350 is going to be deployed, so it's really off the speculation agenda for 2018. ULR deployment and consequential adjustments is where things are at!

Comment

Ah, I wasn't aware of that- we can shut down that possibility then. It'll be a while before we get any news of where the first regional A350 is going to be deployed, so it's really off the speculation agenda for 2018. ULR deployment and consequential adjustments is where things are at!
                        All good buddy :-). I saw the ad that SQ put up when they first announced that CHC is getting the A359, and I remember if mentioned about introducing PE to CHC, that’s why I didn’t think they would deploy the regional A350s to CHC. In any case, you’re right that it would be pure speculation at this stage about where those regional A350s would be deployed...

Comment

By what you all are saying, since SQ got through deliveries of some longhaul 359 (26 of them, including SMU)...
                          Hmmm how did you get the number of 26 from the letters A to U...?
                          Last edited by wlgspotter; 20 May 2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Hmmm how did you get the number of 26 from the letters A to U...?
                            Look below my last post and you will see 21 instead of 26, made an edit and a note.

Comment

Look below my last post and you will see 21 instead of 26, made an edit and a note.
                              Yeah well you’ve made an edit only after both SQ228 and myself asked where did you get the number 26 from...

Comment

• The 1st A350-900 ULR, MSN 216 (F-WZNY/9V-SGE) is said to have been painted, according to the unofficial A350 Production site. Let's hope that we will have pictures of her soon, which will also allow us to confirm her registration.

Comment

Working...
                                X