No announcement yet.

W Retreat & Spa, Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual toilet too - what are the things which look like five pepper tops above the loo ? And is that a shower in the loo as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Unusual toilet too - what are the things which look like five pepper tops above the loo ? And is that a shower in the loo as well ?
      Haha no idea about what's on top of the loo. No, the shower is separate to the loo.

We actually thought that this W was rather restrained (the villa for instance is v subdued - more contemporary than trendy) compared to the urban Ws, whilst still fun and sexy in its own way. But Bali in general is a rather relaxed and casual sort of place.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        No, the shower is separate to the loo.
        Then what's the shower thing on the floor then ? A bidet ?

We actually thought that this W was rather restrained (the villa for instance is v subdued - more contemporary than trendy) compared to the urban Ws, whilst still fun and sexy in its own way. But Bali in general is a rather relaxed and casual sort of place.
        Here's a pic of the W Maldives villa which I think is even more subdued! There are no W features at all I think!

Comment

Then what's the shower thing on the floor then ? A bidet ?
          Yep.

Here's a pic of the W Maldives villa which I think is even more subdued! There are no W features at all I think!

It looks contemporary and minimalist at least. Certainly looks more modern than some of the other ones I saw (save for the one on designhotels.com). Is that an Ocean Oasis?
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Is that an Ocean Oasis?
            Nope, it was a basic Beach Oasis!

(Looking at my booking e-mail just now, you may want to note that the seaplane transfer has a luggage allowance of 25kg per person including hand luggage!)

Comment

(Looking at my booking e-mail just now, you may want to note that the seaplane transfer has a luggage allowance of 25kg per person including hand luggage!)
              Hence we're going to have KUL (read: shopping) after MLE rather than before! Might have to purchase a new suitcase in KL rather than pack a smaller bag within a larger, empty bag like I've always done.

Comment

Wery cool, KeithMEL.
                Very personalized service with the framed facebook picture!

Comment

Greetings from our lovely Villa in the Wonderful W in Bali.

A few little issues around as one would expect with a new property but overall without doubt a fabulous place. Nice touch when one of the W insiders, Miss I, came over as soon as we arrived at W lounge and said 'Mr MAN Flyer ?', 'Yes', 'Your friend Mr KeithMEL has been 'whatsapp-ing' me telling me you were coming'.

W-oops!

- The path to the villa was quite poorly illuminated, with a complete absence of light in some bits. This can be rather dangerous given the uneven and stony floorings.
                  I think this is a bit of an understatement to be honest, negotiating that path at night is bad enough for a sober bloke, for women in heels it is quite treacherous, not least as some of the rocks are loose. They will have to do something about that.

WooBar is great BTW mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Greetings from our lovely Villa in the Wonderful W in Bali.

A few little issues around as one would expect with a new property but overall without doubt a fabulous place. Nice touch when one of the W insiders, Miss I, came over as soon as we arrived at W lounge and said 'Mr MAN Flyer ?', 'Yes', 'Your friend Mr KeithMEL has been 'whatsapp-ing' me telling me you were coming'.
                    Glad to hear you're having a great time mate! I hope Miss I is looking after you!

I think this is a bit of an understatement to be honest, negotiating that path at night is bad enough for a sober bloke, for women in heels it is quite treacherous, not least as some of the rocks are loose. They will have to do something about that.
                    Yes, a serious accident waiting to happen I reckon. We'd always ask for a buggy to the villa after a huge night out for safety reasons, even if it might be faster to walk. Do speak to the GM about it... it's still early days and they're very receptive to feedback like this.

WooBar is great BTW mate.
                    *stares jealously* Good to know! It's got some tough competition in the immediate vicinity though, so hopefully it does ok or at least gets a much larger crowd than the W Lounge!
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 29 April 2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Truly impressive. Does make me miss bali immensely.

Comment

I've just come back from W Bali and am pleased to report that it still seems to be great!
                        Got an upgrade to Ocean View room and enjoyed beautiful views and rolling surf.

Woo bar is most definitely open now and serving great cocktails.

Breakfast buffets at Starfish and Fire were both great. Starfish has open air sea breezes while Fire has nice a la carte options.

One highlight was Sunday brunch at Starfish Bloo

It gets booked up early though as visitors come from far across the island, so book when you reserve your room.

There are some more pics here

Comment

Working...
                        X