This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    What actually happened with that? The story just seemed to disappear!
    Yes, for such a big transaction of 11 ancient 772s, you'd think we would have seen something happen by now. Some people speculated that the 772s that had previously gone to Scoot may have been included in the tally, but I remember doing some research on that only to find that they were parked in the desert or returned to a leasing agency.

There are plenty of old 772s out there to choose from, so one could imagine that DL might be only looking for the best and therefore only want the ones SQ has maintained to the highest standards. This might therefore not include SVA-G since those were the ones leased out to Brunei and rumoured to have come back in a "lesser" condition. It might also not include planes already worked over to transfer to Scoot. But seriously, how old a plane would DL accept anyway? How much value is there in taking a 15yo aircraft with the A350 and B787 now on the market?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Yes, for such a big transaction of 11 ancient 772s, you'd think we would have seen something happen by now. Some people speculated that the 772s that had previously gone to Scoot may have been included in the tally, but I remember doing some research on that only to find that they were parked in the desert or returned to a leasing agency.

There are plenty of old 772s out there to choose from, so one could imagine that DL might be only looking for the best and therefore only want the ones SQ has maintained to the highest standards. This might therefore not include SVA-G since those were the ones leased out to Brunei and rumoured to have come back in a "lesser" condition. It might also not include planes already worked over to transfer to Scoot. But seriously, how old a plane would DL accept anyway? How much value is there in taking a 15yo aircraft with the A350 and B787 now on the market?
      So from memory that was just a rumor and I believe Delta came out and said there was no basis to it. It ended up being Delta taking just 1 aircraft and not sure from who - speculation was an old aircraft that is already parked is going to be parted out.

In terms of aircraft to NokScoot. They are looking at 7 over 2 years. I dont think all 7 will be from SQ but a fair few are likely to be. A few are due to be 14 next year so will probably be transferred just before that happens. They did that first the first 3 and the reconfig will happen after that. The ones that are closer to 12 years now will prob go the year after.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
        In terms of aircraft to NokScoot. They are looking at 7 over 2 years. I dont think all 7 will be from SQ but a fair few are likely to be. A few are due to be 14 next year so will probably be transferred just before that happens. They did that first the first 3 and the reconfig will happen after that. The ones that are closer to 12 years now will prob go the year after.
        I see, so the transfer is largely a paperwork process. I had in mind it could possibly be something that might involve flight tests and waiting periods given the sometimes strenuous regulation in aviation (which I fully support). They did give indications in March that the only 777s leaving soon would be leased ones, but these things can change. I think we can begin to work out the ones that won't be going are any that have had these ad hoc internal refurbs that keep popping up with new seat fabrics.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
          So from memory that was just a rumor and I believe Delta came out and said there was no basis to it. It ended up being Delta taking just 1 aircraft and not sure from who - speculation was an old aircraft that is already parked is going to be parted out.
          They bought an ex-Malaysia Airlines B777-2H6ER 9M-MRH for spare parts.

https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...aysia-Airlines

Comment

• FSJZ, feel free to update the fleet if you want. SWB is now a 77WR.

Comment

• SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 13 NOVEMBER 2016)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 26
              Seating: 30J/255Y (Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-STA
              - 9V-STB
              - 9V-STC
              - 9V-STD
              - 9V-STE
              - 9V-STF
              - 9V-STG
              - 9V-STH
              - 9V-STO
              - 9V-STQ
              - 9V-STR
              - 9V-STT
              - 9V-STU
              - 9V-STV
              - 9V-STW
              - 9V-STY
              - 9V-STZ
              - 9V-SSA
              - 9V-SSB
              - 9V-SSC
              - 9V-SSD
              - 9V-SSE
              - 9V-SSF
              - 9V-SSG
              - 9V-SSH
              - 9V-SSI

Airbus A350-900

In Service: 6
              On Order: 54
              EIS: 2016
              Seating 1: 42J/24S/187Y (2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SMA
              - 9V-SMB
              - 9V-SMC
              - 9V-SMD
              - 9V-SME
              - 9V-SMF

Airbus A350-900ULR

On Order: 7
              EIS: 2018
              Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
              On Order: 5
              EIS: 2017
              Seating 1: 12R/60J/36S/333Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2015 S, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKA
              - 9V-SKB
              - 9V-SKC
              - 9V-SKD
              - 9V-SKE
              - 9V-SKF
              - 9V-SKG
              - 9V-SKH
              - 9V-SKI
              - 9V-SKJ
              - 9V-SKK

Seating 2: 12R/86J/36S/245Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2015 S, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKL
              - 9V-SKM
              - 9V-SKN
              - 9V-SKP
              - 9V-SKQ
              - 9V-SKR
              - 9V-SKS
              - 9V-SKT

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 11
              Seating 1: 38J/228Y (Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SQJ
              - 9V-SQK
              - 9V-SQL
              - 9V-SQM
              - 9V-SQN
              - 9V-SRM
              - 9V-SRO
              - 9V-SRP
              - 9V-SRQ

Seating 2: 30J/293Y (Ultimo J, 2001 Y)

- 9V-SRJ
              - 9V-SRL

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 10
              Seating 1: 30J/255Y (Spacebed J, 2001 Y)

- 9V-SVF

Seating 2: 26J/245Y (2006 J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SVB
              - 9V-SVC
              - 9V-SVE
              - 9V-SVG
              - 9V-SVI
              - 9V-SVJ
              - 9V-SVL
              - 9V-SVM
              - 9V-SVN

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 6
              Seating 1: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SYF
              - 9V-SYG
              - 9V-SYJ
              - 9V-SYL

Seating 2: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SYH
              - 9V-SYI

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 27
              Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWD
              - 9V-SWE
              - 9V-SWF
              - 9V-SWG
              - 9V-SWH
              - 9V-SWI
              - 9V-SWQ
              - 9V-SWR
              - 9V-SWS
              - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
              - 9V-SWV
              - 9V-SWW
              - 9V-SWY
              - 9V-SWZ
              - 9V-SNA

Seating 3: 4F/48J/28S/184Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWA
              - 9V-SWB
              - 9V-SWJ
              - 9V-SWK
              - 9V-SWL
              - 9V-SWM
              - 9V-SWN
              - 9V-SWO
              - 9V-SWP
              - 9V-SNB
              - 9V-SNC

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 30
              EIS: 2018
              Seating: TBA

Total

In Service: 105
              On Order: 96

Comment

• Thank you as always for your periodic updates. I thought I had read about 772s being refurbished with 2006 Y product, thought it was SRM or SQM. Any updates or news on this

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                  Thank you as always for your periodic updates. I thought I had read about 772s being refurbished with 2006 Y product, thought it was SRM or SQM. Any updates or news on this
                  Is it really 2006 or they're putting in the 2013 cabin products (no touchscreen, while maintaining the 2006 IFE)?

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                    Thank you as always for your periodic updates. I thought I had read about 772s being refurbished with 2006 Y product, thought it was SRM or SQM. Any updates or news on this
                    I think you are referring to the 773s instead? 2 of the 773s have been refitted with the 2006 Y product.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      I think you are referring to the 773s instead? 2 of the 773s have been refitted with the 2006 Y product.
                      We did see pictures apparently taken from inside SRM that showed what appeared to be the 2006 77W interior with new seat covers using the 2013 fabric. I'm not sure what version of the IFE is being transmitted to those seats' screens though. I have heard there may be compatibility issues.

Comment

• I was on 9V-SRM last Saturday via SQ891. The entertainment system were the same as the current 77W while the seat covers were the same as the current 77WN/777WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCboy View Post
                          I was on 9V-SRM last Saturday via SQ891. The entertainment system were the same as the current 77W while the seat covers were the same as the current 77WN/777WR.
                          That's good to hear. Are there any other 772s fitted in the same configuration?

Comment

• SRM is the only one I have heard of. The SQ/SR series never fly any of my routes, so they are a bit of an unknown to me though.

If ever I fly an SV-series 772 and it has had an interior refurb, I will definitely let you know!
                            (Have had so many flights in these lately and still more coming up...)

Comment

• Nice, SRM is my favourite of the 772s, for sentimental reasons. Haven't been on her for almost a year though, will be interesting to see the interior. I opted to go on SQ863 instead of 891 today - but turns out 891 was done by SRM. missed the chance.
                              instead i've been on another 772 -- SRQ, a good 10 times in the last one year. almost all my outbound 772 flights to HKG have been on SRQ.
                              since they've taken the effort to refit SRM, i'm guessing these 9 x 772s will be around quite a while longer.

Comment

• If anyone here flies SRM, feel free to post pictures of how the cabin is like. What the picture on this thread shows is what 9V-SYI has. Not SRM.

If they upgraded the entertainment and maps to 2D, then it's definitely some sign that more changes will be rolled out such as refitting the 772's to maybe the cabin products like SRM (or the 2006 cabin products from the 77W).

Comment

Working...
                                X