• 12July2006 CX872 HKG-SFO in J

12 July 2006
    Flight No: CX872
    Registration No: B-HOZ
    Gate: 67
    Loading: 100% full
    Booking Class: I
    Seat: 81H

-I was arrived from CX461 at around 1300.The longest transit time in my life-5 hrs!!!
    -The flight was delayed due to bad weather in MNL. B-HOZ hadn't arrived at HKG until 1700
    -There were quite a lot of op-ups on this flight. My neighbour was an AA Emerald. A Singapore woman J class lounge had a seat change from 86H to 4K(bad luck me)
    - I was served well by all 3 crews on upper deck( The best J class flight on CX I ever got),however food was again horrible. Very oily and bad presentation. No doubt that CX J is not the top 10 in the world in terms of food.
    - SFO is definitely a nice airport,less crowded.

This was the plane I took from TPE. Being prepared for 884 to LAX

Plenty of people

Lounge Entrance

B-HOZ

What are they doing there?

DINNER TIME

Comment

Does this look like fish?

SNACK

BREAKFAST

Comment

WAITING FOR LANDING

Beautiful SFO

Thanks!
        Last edited by ny911; 18 December 2006, 04:39 PM.

Comment

thank you for sharing with us your pics
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Great pics. Thanks for sharing that. I really like the pics of the CX lounge. So nice.

I should tell you that you might want to remove the last two pics since it is against the rules of the "Federales" to take pictures in that area. You're not supposed to take pictures from the time you enter immigration all the way until you've handed the blue Customs form. If they catch you, they're supposed to confiscate and destroy your camera. Thought you should know.
            Last edited by globetrekker84; 18 December 2006, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Nice report - thank for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                Great pics. Thanks for sharing that. I really like the pics of the CX lounge. So nice.

I should tell you that you might want to remove the last two pics since it is against the rules of the "Federales" to take pictures in that area. You're not supposed to take pictures from the time you enter immigration all the way until you've handed the blue Customs form. If they catch you, they're supposed to confiscate and destroy your camera. Thought you should know.
                Removed. It was my first time to visit the US,so I did'nt know any about the rules of the 'Federales'.

Comment

Originally posted by ny911
                  Removed. It was my first time to visit the US,so I did'nt know any about the rules of the 'Federales'.
                  Yeah most people don't know that rule. I usually see these tourists snapping pictures and then seeing these DHS officers come straight into their faces and yell "NO PICTURES ALLOWED!" Sometimes I've even seen them grab the camera and delete the everything on the card, regardless of the previous pictures on them. (I know this since they were standing next to me while I was waiting for my baggage.)

And sometimes I wonder why people think Americans are so unfriendly...

ADDED: Wait. I still see the pictures of the carousels. What pictures were removed?
                  Last edited by globetrekker84; 18 December 2006, 12:21 PM. Reason: Pictures removed?

Comment

gt84.... it was removed...... delete the cache please
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      gt84.... it was removed...... delete the cache please
                      Heh. Oops.

Comment

Nice picture, but from my experience with CX last summer to Vietnam wasn’t what I expected from a 5 star airline. Crew members were awful and weren’t helpful, entertainment wasn’t that to rave about. CX is to me in my opinion a world away from Singapore Airlines.

Comment

Haha, I totally agree with you. I fly with CX becuase of my MPC status only.

Their J and Y are not really up to a 5 stars airline standard. Flying with SQ is my dream,however it is quite impossible for a frequent HKG-LHR traveller like myself.

Inconsistency of service does exist on most airlines,isn't it? Do you guys experience any SQ crews whom their services are below standard?
                          Last edited by ny911; 22 December 2006, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ny911
                            I'm still appalled that they would serve food when it's all over the plate. No service presentation details.

And sure, it happens to the best, even SQ. I've had some less-than-pleasant flights where the service standards were far below par. That's why writing to them and letting them know is the best corrective method.

Comment

Thanks for the trip report, ny911

Always wondering how was it like to travel on the upper deck of a B744.

The food looks very good and it made hungry
                              "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Working...
                              X