Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to LHR Clubhouse on DL Codeshare

Hi all:

Does anyone here have experience accessing Virgin Atlantic's LHR Clubhouse when departing on flight operated by VS, but ticketed by Delta?

SQ's website states the Clubhouse can be accessed by KF elite gold's flying Virgin, but it doesn't specify if there's a restriction on the marketing carrier.

I imagine usual lounge access rules are what matter: the marketing carrier doesn't matter, only the operating carrier does.

If you show up at the lounge with your VS-issued boarding pass, I doubt they'll bother checking who the marketing carrier is.

Comment

Hello ek&sq, hope it works out. I would head to the lounge, and give it a try, if at all possible, as it is a really impressive lounge.

I could spend hours in there -- one of a handful of airline lounges across the world that would qualify as a "destination" lounge, where I might actually plan a longer-than-strictly-necessary layover, or even a different flight routing, just to visit to the lounge.

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a shot and report back. Yflyer, the London Clubhouse is indeed a mighty impressive facility. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit in 2014 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another opportunity! I'm especially looking forward to the roof garden given the loverly weather in London this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
          If you show up at the lounge with your VS-issued boarding pass, I doubt they'll bother checking who the marketing carrier is.
          I don't know if this is the case for the VS Clubhouse, but for the last few airline lounges I've visited, I had to scan my boarding pass barcode for lounge entry. So if the KF Elite Gold privilege is only if you're on a flight booked through VS and not another airline, then it may be coded in the system and you may be denied entry even if you have a VS boarding pass.

Hopefully you can visit the lounge again. It's probably the best lounge you can enter with KF Elite Gold status without flying in a class beyond economy. Wish I had more time to spend in the lounge the last time I was there.

Comment

Update: I was able to successfully use the Clubhouse

It was an incredible experience as always, with great a la carte dining, a well stocked bar, spacious seating areas and even a roof garden. I would recommend spending at least 4 hours here.

A couple of notes: 1. No guests and 2. Having your KFEG card on hand will make things a whole lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
              Update: I was able to successfully use the Clubhouse

It was an incredible experience as always, with great a la carte dining, a well stocked bar, spacious seating areas and even a roof garden. I would recommend spending at least 4 hours here.

A couple of notes: 1. No guests and 2. Having your KFEG card on hand will make things a whole lot easier.
              Thanks for the update, this is useful information if I ever find myself on a Delta codeshare flight operated by VS.

Comment

[QUOTE=ek&sq;219032]Update: I was able to successfully use the Clubhouse /QUOTE]

That's great to hear, ek&sq! Thanks for letting us know, and glad to know the Clubhouse still lives up to expectations!

Comment

Working...
                X