New PPS Cards coming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PPS Cards coming ?

Looks like we may be getting new style metal cards to replace the plastic ones. Or will they change their mind about this as well ?.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Looks like we may be getting new style metal cards to replace the plastic ones. Or will they change their mind about this as well ?.
    Any news on this or recent experience? (My card is not due for replacement until August.)

Comment

Just got mine. Same card in a leather casing.

Comment

Just to confirm mine arrived recently as well and it’s the same so nothing new

Comment

And here they are:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ul8NEB83Y/

Comment

Got mine the other week too. I noticed that they are no longer including the membership number on the luggage tag, in line with increased privacy concerns around identifying your identity through personally identifiable information like your PPS number. Good change.

Comment

By the way, the cards are not metal. Just ordinary plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                By the way, the cards are not metal. Just ordinary plastic.
                Somehow i was expecting that and not surprised

Comment

Had quite amusing reactions to the new TPP card at both FRA and MUC LH SEN lounges last month, where the dragons at both clearly hadn't seen them before.

Comment

Had quite amusing reactions to the new TPP card at both FRA and MUC LH SEN lounges last month, where the dragons at both clearly hadn't seen them before.
                    Wouldn’t you just scan your boarding pass and not even have to show your card?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                      Wouldn’t you just scan your boarding pass and not even have to show your card?
                      That is how it indeed should work, but when I am travelling with someone else I found them asking so often to see the card I just automatically show it on entry these days.

Comment

Interesting - got my PPS club box today. New cards but doesn’t say solitaire on them ?! My digital card says solitaire... go figure. Are they so backed up that the PPS qualification which was last year compared to the Solitaire qualification which was Feb of 20...

Comment

Got nice new TPP Card Kit in the post today. This came in a new style box and included black leather zipped bags/pouches. Not that it looks like I will need any of it for a while but nice all the same.

Comment

Mine arrived today, quite depressing really. Today was the first time in a year I have taken my membership card out of my wallet so I could throw it away and put the new one in(!) I'll need to try and remember where my suitcases are to put the new luggage tags on.

Comment

My PPS status was due for renewal on 28 Feb 2021. I just gotten the renewal email from SQ and it seems that they are not going to issue physical renewal card for this coming year:

Your existing physical PPS Club membership card which would reflect a validity period ending between April 2021 and March 2022* will continue to be valid and recognised by SIA and our partners worldwide for another 12 months from the validity date on the membership card.

As existing cards continue to be recognised, we will not be sending a new membership kit to you when your membership is extended between March 2021 and February 2022.

*For example, if the "Card Expiry" date on your membership card is April 2021, the card will now be valid till April 2022.

Comment

Working...
                              X