Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cajun? KrisChilli is better!

Comment

I just tried looking up this policy on BAA's website, and there's no word of it. Does anyone know the government authority I can call or write to to complain? I'm going to pursue this.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Nothing those pr*cks at BAA do surprises me any more.

I see now some of them down there are threatening to strike between Christmas and New Year, just when we are going on holiday.
      Sadly, looks like we have to cope with the uncertainty hanging over the holidays. I dislike the lot of them (management and workers).
      Originally posted by BAA
      We regret that the threat of industrial action over the Christmas period is creating uncertainty for our passengers and their families. We're working hard to resolve this issue with the unions involved and are meeting again very soon. Our priority is to ensure that there is no disruption to our passengers and their travel plans.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That does sound seriously nonsensical. The avalanche of 'last minute' pax at the security queue may well cause even further delays.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
        Nickbot totally agree with you
        A bit late... but thirded!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          ...A bit late... but thirded!
          I was wondering when you'd comment on the alcohol issue KeithMEL

Comment

Just to update this: I got a message from BAA replying to my complaint. I can't quote it here, unfortunately, as I deleted it after rolling my eyes at the silliness of the response.

Here is the gist. Apparently this policy is on the books, but it has only been recently that it has had to be invoked. If the congestion becomes too much, staff are apparently empowered to permit only those passengers with two hours or less before the departure of their flight into the security queues.

This response does not explain:
            • Why this is the first time I've seen it invoked, when I'd seen awful congestion a number of times in the past
            • Why BAA think it isn't fair to give warning on their website when this would be invoked, so passengers don't find themselves unexpectedly having to cope with the dreadfully inadequate landside facilities
            • Why this seems like a blatant attempt to avoid the fines that are imposed if waiting time in the security queue is past a certain threshold (i.e., if BAA does not achieve performance targets)
            • Why the problem had not been addressed by the time I got to the security queues (i.e., the wait was still past the threshold -- whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it isn't 30 minutes)
            • Why passengers who don't get any warning but get prevented from joining the security queue shouldn't count their time landside as part of their airport waiting time

Just thought I'd warn SQTalkers who might be venturing through T3 during the holiday period.

Comment

jjpb3 - in lieu of a satisfactory response from BAA, you might want to explore raising the issue with your local MP. Contrary to popular opinion, this is seldom a time-wasting activity.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

jjpb3 - in lieu of a satisfactory response from BAA, you might want to explore raising the issue with your local MP. Contrary to popular opinion, this is seldom a time-wasting activity.
                That's a very good point KeithMEL, whilst I don't necessarily support the political views of my local MP, from personal experience I have the greatest of respect for him in terms of acting upon issues raised by his constituents. Certainly worth a shot.

Comment

That was in the works.

Comment

My MP ? You mean his hot air can do more than just help heat up Parliament ?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      That was in the works.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      My MP ? You mean his hot air can do more than just help heat up Parliament ?
                      Of course - production of hot air provides employment for a couple of political hacks too.

Comment

Working...
                      X