Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooking & cancellation fees on SQ.com

I noticed this only quite recently.
    All bookings, even Business / First or Suites, if made on singaporeair.com, have rebooking fee applies for any date changes & also cancellation fee.
    Now cancellation fee I can understand, as it is just one time when you decide to cancel the trip and refund the ticket.
    But rebooking? I thought the idea of online booking is for them to save on human resources (phone/ticket office agent costs), and I was under the impression that they encourage people to use the website for bookings.
    IIRC the rebooking fee is USD50 every time you do a flight change, which I think is quite unfair for flexible F / J tickets.

I am hoping it is just a temporary glitch on their website, but if not...

Sorry, can't help here.
    I am inexperienced in such a thing.
    I did buy tix on line, but I don't think I had done rebooking on line.

Comment

I tried changing the routings etc.
      It seems like ex-USA bookings are not subjected to the rebooking fees.
      Come on SQ, these are fully flexible tickets. Please don't penalize your customers for buying them online on your website.

Comment

I buy a few return tickets in C each year on the SQ website.
        I have also made changes frequently, however only to dates and flights, not to routings, by calling SQ and never had to pay any change fee.
        The most recent change I have made was last week.

Comment

No charges, but some advice needed

I have just come off the phone with the UK 24hr reservations hotline to change the date of my next flight. No mention of any charges so far, but I've only made it on to the waitlist.
          Last edited by Desert Traveller; 10 October 2008, 04:09 AM. Reason: sorry for hi-jacking the thread
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

I just came back from Australia and South East Asia and had a total of 16 flight segments in total over 2 weeks mostly on SQ.

I made to make changes 3 times on 2 flight segments, SIN-DPS and DPS-SIN which were both booked online in J. I did not have to pay any change fees online.

Cheers.
            Last edited by SQ All The Way; 11 October 2008, 02:19 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I think you need to make the changes offline (through ticketing office) to avoid the rebooking fees. Change it online and the system automatically charge you.
              Just my guess.

Comment

Change of unused booking is subject to payment (RM200 for me), however, change of the partially used ticket is of no charge, and also this depends on your fare rules, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                  Change of unused booking is subject to payment (RM200 for me), however, change of the partially used ticket is of no charge, and also this depends on your fare rules, if I'm not mistaken.
                  That's probably why I was not charged on any of my changes, it was probably due to the fact that the trip had already originated when I was making the changes.

Comment

Working...
                  X