Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StarFlyer's Inaugural Taipei to Kitakyushu (with Fuji Dream brief report) October 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blankets

I chose a normal seat on this flight – 3A and the legroom was excellent. I basically got the whole row to myself.

3DEF

Power outlets for each seat – one universal power outlet and one USB charging port

Please note the leg-rest too

Door was closed at 3:46pm – yes eleven minutes to board everyone and manage all paperwork.
    With little traffic, we headed to R/W36 and took off at 3:59pm.

City of Ube

Comment

Yamaguchi-Ube Airport – StarFlyer also flies here!

Oita

Description from magazine – they finally updated the description on the November issue of StarFlyer’s magazine

Flying time was two hours and twenty minutes with a cruising altitude of 36,000feet.
      Routing: Kunisaki-OIT-Kitsuki-Oita-Taketa-360-Hitoyoshi-Satsuma-Ichikikushikino-Pengjia Islet-Xinfeng-Yinwu-Dayuan-TPE

The service was similar to the inbound flight, and the meal cart first made its appearance. The tray came with a bento with the smart StarFlyer cover, a bottle of water and a packaged dessert. I was pleasantly surprised that the bento was actually warmed this time. Similar to the inbound, the meal was delicious and the black sugar tart was extremely good too.

Menu
      Served warmed
      Grilled Mackerel Pike, Karaage (Fried Chicken), Yam Cake, Broccoli, & Egg Omelet, Steamed rice with mushroom and shredded egg, cheese chicken, fish cake, boiled shrimp, carrot, and okra, accompanied by a mini Black sugar tart and bottled water

I love the StarFlyer’s branding

Comment

Delicious black sugar tart

Beverage came later and I got a can of Asahi this time.
        Asahi Beer

So here is a detailed description of the seat.
        Personal TV – touchscreen enabled

Coat hook

Headset plug and another USB charging outlet

Flight map

Cabin shot from the back
        Last edited by Carfield; 23 November 2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Seat pitch was the same in the back too

11F – exit row – non-reclining but there was a cushion available on demand

10F

Trying to show the seat in recline position – very generous – I used Row 2 since someone was sitting behind me.

Beautiful afternoon

As I said earlier, I finally managed to buy some StarFlyer’s pen on this flight. The F/As gave me some additional souvenirs.

Comment

Another “Here Now” Destination Guide for Taipei was handed out, after descent had commenced at 4:44pm Taipei local time. Taipei is an hour behind from Kitakyushu.

The weather was pretty bad in Taipei, as it was raining.

We landed on R/W5R at 5:29pm. Taxi to gate A7 wasn’t too long and we were parked at 5:36pm.
            I cleared immigration using the e-channel and bags came out at 5:48pm.

In conclusion, I am a fan of StarFlyer and its brand as boutique airline. I sincerely hope that they will succeed at these international flights but these light loads will not work in the long term. First week of operation is perhaps the worst indication of how the flights go, but I notice that the Nagoya flights run a bit fuller. Kitakyushu is a bit off the radar for most passengers, except its Kawachi Fujien Wisteria Garden. They have two major annual events each year and the garden are impressive. I am also a bit irritated about the fact that the inaugural certificate was only available on demand and they never announced it. For an aviation geek, it is a bit frustrated not to have those items. Service wise – given its price, the bento and limited beverage are fine, but they need to change the flow a bit. I think that they need to serve beverage and meal together, and then do a separate tea/coffee run. It will also help if they do an official duty free/inflight shop run. The entertainment program should include some Taiwanese TV materials. Taiwan has plenty of TV programs available and it should be easy to get and inexpensive to do so too. I wish StarFlyer all the best and hope that they will fly to Hong Kong soon. That inaugural will also be high on my list to do.

I hope you all enjoy this trip report!

Carfield

Comment

Thanks for the report. It was an interesting read as Star Flyer seems to position themselves between a full service carrier and an LCC. Also, very interesting livery choices for FDA with the different colour schemes.

Comment

Thanks for the TR Carfield!
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                X