Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Just seen this on FlyerTalk.

A few days ago there was talks about Scoot taking over MAN. But this says they are expanding MAN. Maybe there is a chance in the future that there is going to be both Scoot and SQ at MAN?

People say that MAN struggles, however when I have flown the route the loads have been good.

A few route changes coming up next year.

March 1st sees the following:

SQ327/328 changes to a SIN-MUC-SIN routing on A350

SQ61/62 changes to a SIN-MAN-IAH-MAN-SIN routing, and increases to daily:

SQ62 SIN 0230 MAN 0810-0940 IAH 1405
    SQ61 IAH 1740 MAN 0835-1005 SIN 0615+1

At the moment, there is no indication on what happens to DME.

Info is supported by internal emails to MAN staff, slot requests at Manchester for 2 daily flights from SQ (SQ have only ever applied for the slots they intend to use in all the time they have been at MAN), and the fact the SQ327/328 looses its F class cabin completely from 1st March.

Confirmations expected around Sept/Oct time.

Yes, that is the understanding. It's been kicked around a bit in the SFO and Scoot threads over the past few days.

It's a good vote of confidence in MAN. I agree, you can never tell the yield but loads have been good whenever I've flown the route and the UK CAA stats generally back this up. It should lead to a boost of numbers on MAN-SIN From the MEB3 and CX.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      Just seen this on FlyerTalk.

A few days ago there was talks about Scoot taking over MAN. But this says they are expanding MAN. Maybe there is a chance in the future that there is going to be both Scoot and SQ at MAN?

People say that MAN struggles, however when I have flown the route the loads have been good.
      If this happens I assume then 62/61 will likely be a 77WR instead of a 2006 77W then. Sometimes the 77WR routes may land up becoming A350 since they cut F in half. Thought the purpose of the A359 was to do nonstop routes like SFO, they aren't decoupling MUC/MAN?

Comment

They are decoupling MAN-MUC.

MUC becomes: SIN-MUC-SIN (A350)
        MAN becomes: SIN-MAN-IAH-MAN-SIN (B77W)

As yet, no information on DME. A350? Scoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
          They are decoupling MAN-MUC.

MUC becomes: SIN-MUC-SIN (A350)
          MAN becomes: SIN-MAN-IAH-MAN-SIN (B77W)

As yet, no information on DME. A350? Scoot?
          Makes a ton of sense then. We will eventually know about DME; I recall in the past it used to be served by a 772 and 773 bird (773 meaning non-ER) via Dubai. DME could do well with an A350 since people have said demand wise it could sustain an A350.

Since MAN has been with the "refitted" newer products, IAH will likely get the 77WR too since the only thing they seem to do is decouple MAN/MUC with A350's and leave the 77WR going to MAN, but extending the newer product to IAH. It's likely they're also finding some way to free up older 77Ws to accelerate some refits too.

Comment

I doubt last weeks fire has made it as easy to free up aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
              I doubt last weeks fire has made it as easy to free up aircraft.
              True, it hasn't at the moment, and also with SQJ being down as well.

But toward the end of the year as more A359s arrive they should temporarily have a surplus of craft with less A330s departing than A359s arriving. They alluded to using this surplus to accelerate refitting in a previous media statement. Hopefully then we can expect to see a lot of 772s begin to go from April next year once the refits are ready to enter service.

Comment

BCN-DME perhaps?
                We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

What's in it from the MAN-IAH-MAN route? vv
                  More to the point, what can I do in IAH?

A decoupled MAN-SIN is a bonus, although UK departure tax still hitting fares. Although a fall in sterling may make other starting points less attractive again.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    Makes a ton of sense then. We will eventually know about DME; I recall in the past it used to be served by a 772 and 773 bird (773 meaning non-ER) via Dubai. DME could do well with an A350 since people have said demand wise it could sustain an A350.

Since MAN has been with the "refitted" newer products, IAH will likely get the 77WR too since the only thing they seem to do is decouple MAN/MUC with A350's and leave the 77WR going to MAN, but extending the newer product to IAH. It's likely they're also finding some way to free up older 77Ws to accelerate some refits too.
                    By the time the start SIN-MAN-IAH the should have more (if not all) 77W refitted.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                      What's in it from the MAN-IAH-MAN route? vv
                      More to the point, what can I do in IAH?
                      Having spent close to a decade flying there, there're only two things to do at IAH (for Singaporeans one added feature). Firstly, visit NASA's control and training center; second, visit the very boring aquarium; and thirdly, shopping at the outlet. For excitement, try to travel in the second half of the year and pray either a hurricane or a tornado strikes. Apart from Dec to Feb, dress for warm humid weather.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Having spent close to a decade flying there, there're only two things to do at IAH (for Singaporeans one added feature). Firstly, visit NASA's control and training center; second, visit the very boring aquarium; and thirdly, shopping at the outlet. For excitement, try to travel in the second half of the year and pray either a hurricane or a tornado strikes. Apart from Dec to Feb, dress for warm humid weather.
                        You'd be the best person on the forum to answer this:

How much load factor flies the SIN-DME sector alone?

Comment

I'd be very surprised if SIN loses its only connection to Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                            But it's been happy to do away with Brazil (not that we can lose the other 2 BRIC of course)

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                              Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Is it wildly possible that they might decide to also develop a connection to Central Asia, such as ALA or TSE? Kazakhstan now has connections to an extensive range of countries but not SIN. SQ doesn't even codeshare a single Central Asian destination, yet they have a number of codeshares with TK to African cities- how popular could SIN-NKC possibly be?

Comment

Working...
                              X