Discover your SIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discover your SIA

Leisure travel may be on hold, but you can explore new experiences with us. From dining on board our A380 at Changi Airport to a peek inside Singapore Airlines at our training centre, or a taste of our international cuisine in the comfort of your home, we have prepared activities that you can enjoy with your family and friends.

We know you miss travelling as much as we have missed welcoming you on board our flights, and we hope you will join us for these experiences. See you soon!
    https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...over-your-sia/

Restaurant A380 @Changi

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...380-at-changi/

For two days only, our A380 double-decker superjumbo will be hosting diners. Join us for a memorable dining experience in your choice of cabin class, topped with our award-winning service. Savour signature international Singapore Airlines dishes in this unique restaurant. Or enjoy the best dishes from our Peranakan menu, specially designed by acclaimed Singaporean chef Shermay Lee. Pair your meal with two complimentary alcoholic drinks and a free flow of other beverages.

Dates
    24 October 2020 (Sat)
    25 October 2020 (Sun)

Available on KrisShop.com from 12 October 2020
    If you are a KrisFlyer member, you can redeem your miles for this experience or earn miles when you book.

Comment

Inside Singapore Airlines

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...ia/inside-sia/

Learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at the SIA Training Centre. For two weekends only, we are opening our doors to give you an inside look into our world with guided tours, activities and curated experiences for all ages.​

Journey through our history and see how Singapore Airlines has evolved over the years. Find out what it takes to be a Singapore Airlines cabin crew and pilot. Enjoy additional activities like the junior cabin crew experience, flight simulator training session and so much more.

Dates
      21 November 2020 (Sat)
      22 November 2020 (Sun)
      28 November 2020 (Sat)
      29 November 2020 (Sun)

Available on KrisShop.com from 1 November 2020
      If you are a KrisFlyer member, you can redeem your miles for this experience or earn miles when you book.

Comment

SIA@Home

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...a/sia-at-home/

Enjoy a taste of Singapore Airlines, delivered to your home. Order a home-dining experience for two created by our world-renowned International Culinary Panel chefs, paired with your choice of wine or champagne. For a perfect re-creation of our First Class or Business Class experience at home, purchase the all-inclusive package, which comes with the exquisite tableware and luxurious amenities available exclusively on board our flights.

Available on KrisShop from 5 October 2020

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. I was not expecting them to announce their plans already.

Overall these look like nice ways of generating customer engagement with the very aspects for which SQ is known for. I am curious to see how the pricing for these will look.

As someone based outside of Singapore, I am actually super jealous of the SIN-based members here who will have the opportunity to try some of these packages.

I guess I will have to live vicariously through those of you who get to try these and (hopefully) report back...

Comment

Brilliant ideas all around, kudos to the PR and Customer Engagement teams for coming up with these plans. Satiates the environmentalists, pacifies those who wanna step into the cabin again and keeps cabin crew engaged and serving passengers once more.

Personally I am quite exited for the flight simulators and dining on the A380, but curious on how much the damage will be

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
              Brilliant ideas all around, kudos to the PR and Customer Engagement teams for coming up with these plans. Satiates the environmentalists, pacifies those who wanna step into the cabin again and keeps cabin crew engaged and serving passengers once more.

Personally I am quite exited for the flight simulators and dining on the A380, but curious on how much the damage will be
              Wouldn’t mind paying good money for the simulator given that it’s 3D. But I got a feeling that it will be a very short experience and might not be stackable.

Comment

Why not!. Might as well get some income and gives the crew something to do.

TG set up the ability to dine in their office in Bangkok:

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia...meals-13079892

I think these are great ideas, but as much I am missing travelling I am not sure I am 'craving' airline food......

Comment

Wondering if Krisflyer Miles earn for that?

Comment

I believe you can earn miles if you pay cash...from the website:

They mentioned they will announce pricing / earning and redemption rates closer to when the packages are meant to start.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Why not!. Might as well get some income and gives the crew something to do.

TG set up the ability to dine in their office in Bangkok:

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia...meals-13079892

I think these are great ideas, but as much I am missing travelling I am not sure I am 'craving' airline food......
                      I know what you mean about the food - I would be curious to try it though, given all the times one has seen TV programmes on airline food, all the flavours are enhanced to take account of the effect that altitude etc has on the tastebuds. I seem to recall SIA have a pressurised cabin to taste new dishes to simulate this, so I wonder what they will taste like on the ground. Unless of course they adapt them accordingly.
                      Last edited by Bytor; 1 October 2020, 08:15 AM. Reason: Rubbish spieling as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ777 View Post
                        I believe you can earn miles if you pay cash...from the website:

They mentioned they will announce pricing / earning and redemption rates closer to when the packages are meant to start.
                        $498 for a 10 course first class japanese meal or pay around 62000 miles.

https://www.facebook.com/59230855747...570531868/?d=n

Comment

Unlike some other airline offerings, these would actually tempt me if I am based in Singapore! Well done to SQ!

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            $498 for a 10 course first class japanese meal or pay around 62000 miles.

https://www.facebook.com/59230855747...570531868/?d=n
                            8,000 miles more and (perhaps another 1 year) you get the same meal on Suites to Tokyo. They might as well set up a GoFundMe.

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                              8,000 miles more and (perhaps another 1 year) you get the same meal on Suites to Tokyo. They might as well set up a GoFundMe.
                              To be fair, I'm looking at it as a means for people who really miss flying to burn miles.

I'd rather pay for the onboard lunch, but better that than nothing especially in this climate.
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                              X