X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ flights to nowhere by Oct

Wondering if redeems miles allowed?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...box=1599818917

What do you guys think the price-point will be?

Economy - $100
    Premium Economy - $200
    Business - $500

My estimates.

Comment

Originally posted by Three80 View Post
      Wondering if redeems miles allowed?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...box=1599818917
      25K miles for business class award ?
      15K miles for economy class award ?

Comment

Originally posted by nocturne View Post

Economy - $100
        Premium Economy - $200
        Business - $500

My estimates.
        There's a site that says - “Flycation Ticket To Singapore Launch Special” priced at S$288 and a Business Class package priced at S$688. Both tickets have been discounted at about 25 per cent.

Comment

Still not so desperate to go on a fly to nowhere as it still meant wearing face masks at all times and having cold packaged set snacks. Not sure if its still worh to be in so close contact in the cabin especially the economy seats as doubt there will be distanced seating.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            Still not so desperate to go on a fly to nowhere as it still meant wearing face masks at all times and having cold packaged set snacks. Not sure if its still worh to be in so close contact in the cabin especially the economy seats as doubt there will be distanced seating.
            I think they will operate this more like a normal flight. if not really no point. normal at least for the catering part. though i believe face mask and safe distancing is still required.

Comment

Doubt the safe distance between EY seats will be required as if does, it would meant a much smaller number of passengers can fly and or if it does then the fare will have to be much higher in order to justify these flights to no where as SIA is intending to use the A359 for these flights.

Comment

Doubt the safe distance between EY seats will be required as if does, it would meant a much smaller number of passengers can fly and or if it does then the fare will have to be much higher in order to justify these flights to no where as SIA is intending to use the A359 for these flights.
                I’m not sure if people gonna pay that much to fly in coach with so many people for such flights though.

Comment

Originally posted by nocturne View Post

Economy - $100
                  Premium Economy - $200
                  Business - $500

My estimates.
                  Judging from EVA Air and Starlux in Taiwan who've done these flights to nowhere with similar flight length:

EVA
                  Economy:NTD5288 -> S$247
                  Business(Economy Catering):NTD6288 -> S$294

Starlux
                  Economy: NTD5520 -> S$258
                  Business(Offered as staycation package at 5 star hotel): NTD17520 -> S$818

Hotel is around NTD8000 so ley's say the flight cost alone is NTD9500 ->$444

Based on this I'll say for 3 hour flight
                  Economy: S$250-300
                  Premium Economy: S$300-350
                  Business: S$500-600

Wearing mask is a must on this flight but there are no social distancing because flights are full on both cases. Hot meals are served on these flights

Comment

The situation in Taiwan is a lot more controlled than in Singapore, so I guess they can do that.
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

Doubt there will be premium economy. It's either gonna be Economy or Business Class.

Comment

I wonder if they will offer catering on these flights to nowhere. I would be much more keen on these flights if there was proper catering, even special catering.

If there was some way to include a sightseeing element, that would be even better.

Comment

There should be some snacks catered but these will likely be just cold packaged snacks and bottled water/juice at most and doubt there will be even hot meals in business too.
                          But such flights will hardly really make a difference to SIA current financial issue, but good for pilots recurrent requirement and running of another aircraft. However such flights to nowhere cannot be sustained as a "regularly scheduled flight" and would think its good for only twice a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            I wonder if they will offer catering on these flights to nowhere. I would be much more keen on these flights if there was proper catering, even special catering.

If there was some way to include a sightseeing element, that would be even better.
                            There should be some snacks catered but these will likely be just cold packaged snacks and bottled water/juice at most and doubt there will be even hot meals in business too.
                            But such flights will hardly really make a difference to SIA current financial issue, but good for pilots recurrent requirement and running of another aircraft. However such flights to nowhere cannot be sustained as a "regularly scheduled flight" and would think its good for only twice a month or so.
                            I feel they should do proper catering to make it like a proper attraction experience. if not a bit pointless.

they can take this opportunity to let locals who feel SIA is too expensive to fly during normal times to experience the hospitality of SIA. and hopefully after the crisis, they can attract them to pay the slight premium and fly with SIA.

I think the sightseeing element might be challenging to get clearance. I can imagine if they over fly certain places and requires emergency landing, the country that they need to land at might have to deal with a plane load of possible COVID-19 positive patients. not sure if they will grant such rights easily.

Comment

Why are many assuming there will be no hot catering?

There are no issues with hot food being served on the flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X