[DUS] Open Sky Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DUS] Open Sky Lounge

Recently took SQ337 for the first time on my trip back from Düsseldorf to Singapore. As J passages I had access to the Open Sky Lounge in the non-Schengen Pier C. The lounge is situated centrally in the pier, while reaching the gate was quick and easy.

The lounge itself was rather underwhelming and I only spend about 15min there before walking over to the gate. It is open daily from 5:15am to 9:00pm. Facilities include limited selection of drinks, very few hot and cold dishes, Wifi, and newspapers and magazines.

The Open Sky Lounge is basically a pay-per-visit lounge and you get access with the following partners:

Priority Pass - Lounge Club - Lounge Key - Lounge Pass - Diners Club

Overall, this lounge is nothing too special and I would not recommend to come early to the airport to spend time in the lounge. My overall experience at DUS was quite positive, ways a relatively short, wait times were minimal and we departed more or less on schedule.

Have you been to DUS and the Open Sky Lounge? How was your experience?

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
    Recently took SQ337 for the first time on my trip back from Düsseldorf to Singapore. As J passages I had access to the Open Sky Lounge in the non-Schengen Pier C. The lounge is situated centrally in the pier, while reaching the gate was quick and easy.

The lounge itself was rather underwhelming and I only spend about 15min there before walking over to the gate. It is open daily from 5:15am to 9:00pm. Facilities include limited selection of drinks, very few hot and cold dishes, Wifi, and newspapers and magazines.

The Open Sky Lounge is basically a pay-per-visit lounge and you get access with the following partners:

Priority Pass - Lounge Club - Lounge Key - Lounge Pass - Diners Club

Overall, this lounge is nothing too special and I would not recommend to come early to the airport to spend time in the lounge. My overall experience at DUS was quite positive, ways a relatively short, wait times were minimal and we departed more or less on schedule.

Have you been to DUS and the Open Sky Lounge? How was your experience?
    Wait, has SQ changed to using Terminal C at DUS instead of Terminal A? Was your gate a C gate? I've only ever experienced the LH Senator lounge each time I've departed DUS but that was as I was KFEG up until recently.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Wait, has SQ changed to using Terminal C at DUS instead of Terminal A? Was your gate a C gate? I've only ever experienced the LH Senator lounge each time I've departed DUS but that was as I was KFEG up until recently.
      Yes, SQ is using terminal C, which is the non-Schengen pier of the airport. If I recall correctly, my gate was C31. Boarding was very disorganized as there was hardly enough space for passengers waiting for boarding to start.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
        Yes, SQ is using terminal C, which is the non-Schengen pier of the airport. If I recall correctly, my gate was C31. Boarding was very disorganized as there was hardly enough space for passengers waiting for boarding to start.
        Very interesting. Up until at least the end of January, SQ has always used Terminal A. It also has (or had) a non-Schengen section at the very end which is/was used by LH and EW primarily.

There were some issues with Terminal A in that the LH lounges are located in the Schengen area of Terminal A and SQ were issuing letters to all passengers with lounge access reminding them to allow minimum times to pass through immigration.

I think the design of DUS is the issue with the gate crowding as the A gates were similarly problematic. The ends of the piers have a square footprint but connect planes onto the corners, whereas most airports use some kind of circular or polygonal expansion in floor space to facilitate that.

Comment

Working...
        X