Clear All

• New Krisflyer award fees

Just stumbled across these "enhancements"

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...ellation-fees/

No more free date change - now US$ 25

Redeposit fee also seems pretty steep at US$ 75 compared to the old US$ 30

SIA on a roll lately?

Comment

The rumour is they are charging to used the toilets soon...

Comment

"Standard" award now renamed "Advantage" award?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          The rumour is they are charging to used the toilets soon...
          Are they weighing the discharge?

The Transformation team should consider charging tickets based on the passengers' weight.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Are they weighing the discharge?

The Transformation team should consider charging tickets based on the passengers' weight.
            I actually always wondered why that is not practiced. Especially for those that are in the morbidly obese weight range. I put in a lot of effort and discipline to maintain my weight and health, and effectively when I pay for a J class ticket at the same price as Mr Flab, I’m subsidizing his cost of travel given that he takes up greater proportion of the fuel burnt to move the plane. Heh heh. And I think this affects less people than a blanket CCSF.

Comment

There doesn’t seem to be relaxation or reduction for Elite Gold or PPS?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                There doesn’t seem to be relaxation or reduction for Elite Gold or PPS?
                Zero sum game

Comment

The technical term is "OFFS!"

Comment

Originally posted by mingster View Post
                    Just stumbled across these "enhancements"

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...ellation-fees/

No more free date change - now US$ 25

Redeposit fee also seems pretty steep at US$ 75 compared to the old US$ 30
                    Yeah but redemptions made before March get a one time free date change. It's funny how I didn't feel so passionate about this when they announced the change (compared to the credit card fees announcement) but now that it's just in a few hours, it's starting to stink. It's going to encourage me to buy KV or YBE if flying economy

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      Yeah but redemptions made before March get a one time free date change. It's funny how I didn't feel so passionate about this when they announced the change (compared to the credit card fees announcement) but now that it's just in a few hours, it's starting to stink. It's going to encourage me to buy KV or YBE if flying economy
                      Not in a few hours, it’s starting only 1 March.

It’s not good for customers but I guess this is a fair enough move for SQ. I am guilty for making multiple bookings then cancel. Can’t do that now as it will be quite ouch for US$75

I had also asked and ther is no waiver or reduction for PPS or higher tier elites. It’s level playing game. I also presume that the fees will be applied to issued tickets and not on waitlist bookings.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                        Not in a few hours, it’s starting only 1 March.

It’s not good for customers but I guess this is a fair enough move for SQ. I am guilty for making multiple bookings then cancel. Can’t do that now as it will be quite ouch for US$75

I had also asked and ther is no waiver or reduction for PPS or higher tier elites. It’s level playing game. I also presume that the fees will be applied to issued tickets and not on waitlist bookings.
                        So I have a return flight that's ticketed and the inbound is wait listed on separate PNRs. Will I need to foot fees if the confirmation comes closer to the flying date (way after March)? It's technically combining two itineraries

Comment

Working...
                        X