Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more comfortable in Y? B777-200/200ER or B777-300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is more comfortable in Y? B777-200/200ER or B777-300?

Hi,

Sorry, this may sound stupid.

May I know which is more comfortable for economy class? The B777-200/200ER or the B777-300?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Mousehunt View Post
    Hi,

Sorry, this may sound stupid.

May I know which is more comfortable for economy class? The B777-200/200ER or the B777-300?

Thanks.
    I think you mean B777-300ER (77W) instead of B773 has same sets as B772.

IMO, standard B772 seats are very comfy whether it is reclined or not however 77W's seats are not comfy when it is in fully upright position but so so so so so comfy when it is fully reclined.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply. But I got the plane model directly from SQ booking system for SG-BKK flights. So from your reply, the B777-300 is more comfortable?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousehunt View Post
        Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply. But I got the plane model directly from SQ booking system for SG-BKK flights. So from your reply, the B777-300 is more comfortable?

Thanks.
        B777-200/200ER and B777-300 have the same seats. So it does not matter which you choose to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
          B777-200/200ER and B777-300 have the same seats. So it does not matter which you choose to fly.
          Doesn't the 772ER have more pitch??

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Doesn't the 772ER have more pitch??
            BY 2.0" yes but I was sort of generalising it. But I wonder whether this extra 2.0" gives such a signficant difference on short sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise
              But I wonder whether this extra 2.0" gives such a signficant difference on short sectors.
              Significant? no, but still a difference.

Comment

772ER Y pitch is actually 1" more (at 33") than the 773's.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chances of getting the non-AVOD IFE system on the 773 is significantly higher than on the -200/-200ER

Comment

Originally posted by starrynight000 View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chances of getting the non-AVOD IFE system on the 773 is significantly higher than on the -200/-200ER
                    If you're referring to the Long haul spacebed equipped 772ER's - then your chances of getting non-Avod IFE on the 773 is infinitely higher than on the 772ER.

Comment

well the OP is referring to SIN-BKK flights. so whether its AVOD or Non-AVOD isn't that huge an issue.

I did a quick search on antonakis and the little data there suggests that SIN-BKK 772 services are usually operated by the 9V-SQ* series. haven't seen an indication of the 772ER 9V-SV* series on the route.

if one is talking about regional 3 class 772s, i don't think there's much difference in terms of seating product. if anything, the 777-300 is a larger plane so you may have more passengers on board, or maybe more empty seats.

its a toss up, but i don't think there's much in it. Original Poster might be better off doing an availability search on www.seatcounter.com and seeing which flight is emptier. if the flight is empty might have a better chance of having the entire row to yourself. that's comfort at its max in Y class.
                      Last edited by kelvgoh; 16 May 2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I find the old non-AVOD economy seats more comfortable than the newer AVOD seats on the 772/773.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          I find the old non-AVOD economy seats more comfortable than the newer AVOD seats on the 772/773.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                            BY 2.0" yes but I was sort of generalising it. But I wonder whether this extra 2.0" gives such a signficant difference on short sectors.
                            Oh definitely. Every " counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              Agreed.
                              The same paradigm applies in C and F as well.

On the non-avod seats, the footrest goes up higher

Comment

Working...
                              X