Observations on the new (Y) BPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations on the new (Y) BPs

OK, I admit, I travel so infrequently on SQ that I notice little things, but anyway, here are some trivia I noticed on the new Y BPs (I won't have a chance to get one of the premium class BPs until 2008 ) ...
    • The stub is wider than other BPs -- no big whup, just an observation
    • The *G designation is now on the same line as the KrisFlyer number (I banked with KrisFlyer on this flight); the checkin agent underlined the 'SQ*G EG' line, so I guess that helps the gate agents check that you aren't boarding ahead of the proper sequence; I flashed my EG card, though, rather than test whether the underlined BP was sufficient for priority boarding
    • There's a machine-readable print at the bottom to facilitate reading the BP -- I wonder if this helps when you have to claim missing miles
    • The Boarding Pass Privileges program features prominently (and neatly) on the reverse side. I always forget to check what I'm entitled to under that program, so it's typically wasted on me.

I'm curious: has any SQTalker taken advantage of this (award-winning) program?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    • The Boarding Pass Privileges program features prominently (and neatly) on the reverse side. I always forget to check what I'm entitled to under that program, so it's typically wasted on me.

I'm curious: has any SQTalker taken advantage of this (award-winning) program?
    Not enough........last time had lunch @ Sakae Sushi after clearing immigration. Complimentary plate of Sashimi. Purchased some hair clips and stuff for the missus also in T2 itself

Comment

OK, I admit, I travel so infrequently on SQ that I notice little things, but anyway, here are some trivia I noticed on the new Y BPs (I won't have a chance to get one of the premium class BPs until 2008 ) ...
      Picture, please.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Picture, please.
        Is this OK?

Comment

Thanks for the pic, jjpb3. Is this only for Y or for all classes?

Comment

looks just like the new "Fatboy" iPod nano...

Comment

Is this OK?
              Merci beaucoup, Mr. jjpb3.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                Thanks for the pic, jjpb3. Is this only for Y or for all classes?

They have it for all classes, including Suites and Excecutive Economy.

Comment

Yeah, I believe the seat number is enlarged and bolded for passengers to locate their seats easier. I kind of like that idea. Occasionally, SQ uses MI boarding passes too!
                  We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

That's weird, the new BP that I have is almost similar to the old one, except for the change in font and the new 'Economy Class' logo...

Comment

Maybe mine is still the 'old' one? Oh I just noticed that my meal request is on the older boarding pass as well, but not on the new one.

Comment

Looks like you got the transitional BP, quik! . I have one of those as well.

I like the fact the e-ticket number now shows on the stub. I dislike the missing-miles-claim process particularly when I have to dig out my invoice to find the e-ticket number.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post

Maybe mine is still the 'old' one? Oh I just noticed that my meal request is on the older boarding pass as well, but not on the new one.
                          Seq Number 61 and 261??!?! You should be ashamed!

Comment

Originally posted by simong View Post
                            Seq Number 61 and 261??!?! You should be ashamed!
                            What is Seq Number? I am always being wondering what it is.

Comment

It's the sequence in which you are checked in. It's always nice to be first 001.

Comment

Working...
                              X