Singapore Airlines wins World's Best Airline at the World Airline Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines wins World's Best Airline at the World Airline Awards

As noted from the title, Singapore Airlines have won World's Best Airline at Skytrax' World Airline Awards for 2018.

They also won...

World's Best Airline
    World's Best First Class
    Best First Class Seat
    Best First Class Lounge in Asia
    Best Business Class Lounge in Asia
    Best First Class in Asia
    Best Business Class in Asia
    Best Premium Economy Class in Asia

Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
      As noted from the title, Singapore Airlines have won World's Best Airline at Skytrax' World Airline Awards for 2018.

They also won...

World's Best Airline
      World's Best First Class
      Best First Class Seat
      Best First Class Lounge in Asia
      Best Business Class Lounge in Asia
      Best First Class in Asia
      Best Business Class in Asia
      Best Premium Economy Class in Asia

World's best airline? Possibly...to me they are!

World's best first class? Based on one experience, I can believe it!

Best Business Class Lounge in Asia? I have my doubts...I don't find the Changi SQ lounges particularly memorable. The lounges that most impress me in Asia are the CX (In HKG), QF (HKG and SIN) and JL lounges in NRT and HND.

As for Premium Economy? The competition must be quite poor in Asia because I find SQ PEY to be on par with, but not superior to BA and LH PEY, and far behind QF PEY.

Just one person's viewpoint, of course. I am generally quite skeptical of most "awards" as these are so subjective, and very dependent on the award criteria and even, in the case of awards which are based on surveys or voting, on the profile of the respondents.

At least in this case, I think the best airline award, and best F, is well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Best Business Class Lounge in Asia? I have my doubts...I don't find the Changi SQ lounges particularly memorable. The lounges that most impress me in Asia are the CX (In HKG), QF (HKG and SIN) and JL lounges in NRT and HND.
        Changi SQ business class lounges aren't good compared to other newer SilverKris lounges (although I quite enjoy the ambience). I love their Bangkok lounge, with the bartender making fancy cocktails and mocktails, great food and good ambiance.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy View Post
          Changi SQ business class lounges aren't good compared to other newer SilverKris lounges (although I quite enjoy the ambience). I love their Bangkok lounge, with the bartender making fancy cocktails and mocktails, great food and good ambiance.
          Agree with you on the Bangkok lounge. Especially after they added the live food station which gives additional variety to the food offered (I know Changi SKL now has them as well).

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            As for Premium Economy? The competition must be quite poor in Asia because I find SQ PEY to be on par with, but not superior to BA and LH PEY, and far behind QF PEY.
            I can only compare BR and SQ's PEY and I have to say the latter is superior, perhaps only because it is newer. SQ had more charging points and lighting options. Lastly a choice of 3 types of meals plus BTC.

And if they ever fly to SEA, I'll fly them at a hearbeat .... if the cost is similar. TPE is not a great place to transit unless you have time to spend a couple of days eating in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
              Agree with you on the Bangkok lounge. Especially after they added the live food station which gives additional variety to the food offered (I know Changi SKL now has them as well).
              That’s correct, Changi SKL now also has live cooking stations. But it hardly makes it Asias best business class lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                That’s correct, Changi SKL now also has live cooking stations.
                In the Business section? Since when?

I obviously didnt see it, i was in there just a couple of days ago.

Comment

more imprtantly SIA needs to improve on its PEY as its really behind in carriers like Qantas and even Cathay

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                    In the Business section? Since when?

I obviously didnt see it, i was in there just a couple of days ago.
                    Yes in the business class section. Definitely since last month as I was there for a morning departure to ICN. But not sure if it’s just in the mornings or specific times during the day.

It’s not a fixed station so they can move it around.

Comment

Didnt see it and i was there around lunch time, but anyway will be there tonight again and will have look.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                        Didnt see it and i was there around lunch time, but anyway will be there tonight again and will have look.
                        Keep us posted!

Comment

I think it's not fixed. I was going to KUL last month and they had one set up at the T2 SKL with someone cooking seafood pasta.

BKK SKL live station is also not always there. I asked them when they were setting up the table and the supervisor mentioned that they do it for certain flight timings. So on that day, my flight was at 2005, the live station was set up at around 1845. Perhaps they closed the station after my flight took off at 2005.

Comment

Yes in the business class section. Definitely since last month as I was there for a morning departure to ICN. But not sure if it’s just in the mornings or specific times during the day.

It’s not a fixed station so they can move it around.
                            I think they bring it out at random timings. I saw it at T2 SKL when I was waiting for my flight at 1845 to KUL.

Comment

Keep us posted!
                              Confirmed. They set it up next to the coffee machine/tea section. Probably that's why I didn't see it during my previous visits.

Comment

Working...
                              X