Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TigerAir to merge into Scoot

Fresh off the press! Thoughts?

SINGAPORE: By the end of next year, the Tigerair brand will cease to exist. Instead, it will come under Scoot – its sister budget airline under the Singapore Airlines (SIA) Group.

The integration is expected to happen between mid and end of 2017. The two carriers will also operate under a single licence by the end of next year, Budget Aviation Holdings, which owns and manages both airlines, said on Friday (Nov 4).

Source:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...e/3260728.html

Would be cute to see Scoot A320s!
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Yes, it's all coming together.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...rand-next-year

Comment

The hardest task would be to come up with 20+ random Scoot names for the A320s. It may sound silly, but some people like it. My kids keep track of all the Scoot aircraft they've been on. Big Yella Fella is a favorite.

Comment

Many have predicted this would happen when it was announced that Scoot and Tiger will be working together and a company be formed to join the 2 airlines together. Perhaps this would have been done earlier.

Comment

I wonder how long before they decide to merge SQ and MI....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              Probably only if SQ can get rid of its seeming aversion to narrowbody aircraft in its mainline fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                They will need to install personal IFE screen on every seat first. Would be interesting to see SQ 77WR/77WN economy seats in MI A320/Boeing 737 plane though.

Hmm, anyway on the main topic, I wonder if they are going to change the Tigerair seats after they merged...

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                  The hardest task would be to come up with 20+ random Scoot names for the A320s. It may sound silly, but some people like it. My kids keep track of all the Scoot aircraft they've been on. Big Yella Fella is a favorite.
                  Do they get upset if you decide to fly SQ over Scoot then?

Comment

Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
                    Do they get upset if you decide to fly SQ over Scoot then?
                    Flights with TV always trump flights without. But they are old enough to understand how much more they cost. But we've been nice - we've not made them (and us) slum it out on an LCC for flights longer than 5 hours. Thankfully, QR continues to subsidize our Europe trips.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      Would be cute to see Scoot A320s!
                      If that be the case, what would be next? Adding another TRV flight. I recall TR served that route once, unfortunately that being a later evening flight than the MI flight.

If they do add another TRV in addition to MI, I hope it can be a morning flight (Say 10AM or something, especially for those connecting from the new LAX flights).

Comment

- New entity will be called Scoot Tigerair
                        - Same AOC from 25 July
                        - TR code will be used for both airlines

https://centreforaviation.com/news/s...igerair-671004

Company structure:

Singapore Airlines > Budget Aviation Holdings > Tiger Airways Holdings > Scoot Tigerair

Comment

The first A320 is being repainted into Scoot colours

https://www.facebook.com/%2FFlyScoot...65954785587%2F

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            The first A320 is being repainted into Scoot colours

https://www.facebook.com/%2FFlyScoot...65954785587%2F
                            Seems like it is 9V-TRN and being repainted in KUL. Ferried SIN-KUL on 07JUL17 as TR2468.
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Today's the last day TigerAir operates under its current name. I remember my first flight on Tiger to BKK back in 2005, I believe. I've financially benefited a lot from its operations, and am looking forward to its continued survival under the Scoot name! Wonder what the new uniform would look like?

Comment

Working...
                              X