SQTalk 10th anniversary get together 11 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Let's just confirm the Hyatt for now since there's a few guys staying there. I mean, we are a week out here...
    I'd rather go somehwere else than the Hyatt. Don't get me wrong, I like the place and stay there around a dozen times a year but I will be there three nights for this trip and a change of scenery is always welcome. And it's ten days off yet, that's a lifetime for me for travel planning. I wish I had that sort of notice for all my trips.

BTW, you need to clear your PM box.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 1 November 2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Just to keep it in one list.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      A few other places to suggest:

1. Privé at CHIJMES - http://www.theprivegroup.com.sg/inde.../about-us.html

2. No. 5 Emerald Hill - http://www.emerald-hill.com/ (Orchard road area, next to CentrePoint)

3. Southbridge - http://www.southbridge.sg/ (nice rooftop bar along the Boat Quay stretch with a selection of bubbly)

4. Level 33 - http://www.level33.com.sg/ (at Marina Bay Financial Centre)
      5. New Asia Bar - http://www.swissotel.com/hotels/sing...bars/new-asia/

Menu: https://www.menumodo.com/app.php/vie...lang=en&tags=b

Sundowners start from 7pm and last till 10pm, pretty good views from the 71st floor and also have a selection of bubbly.

6. 1919 Waterboathouse Rooftop Bar - http://www.1919.com.sg/

Menu: http://media.wix.com/ugd/95477a_6c11...5724954ec0.pdf

There are also quite a few places around Boat Quay and Clark Quay that may be worth mentioning....
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        You referring to Sl*ts R Us in the basement or you still holding out for the Dup Suite??
        Was rather referring to the Dup Suite at the GH. If TOF (can and) has consistently) swung it year after year, I don't see why we can't. And yes, it's large enough for our group size. Not to mention free parking since they're in-house guests. It's only our dear buddy that appears to be on a first-name basis with the basement *staff* and wants to say hi

I can also recommend the Astor Bar at the St Regis, at least we will get a guaranteed 25% discount there and it's not that far away at all from the GH. They mix pretty strong drinks there. Everywhere else also makes you pay for parking. Have you seen Fullerton prices? Extortion doesn't begin to describe it. Anyway, there's always Uber I suppose. Green Door is owned by Prive and is in Dempsey (free parking but more than paid off by your first drink)

Not a fan of New Asia (full of young yuppie posers and it's hard to talk as the night cranks up) but will go along if that's the chosen spot. Also you've gotta check if they're booked for any events. Level 33 - too high a chance of bumping into work colleagues/ex-colleagues, same goes for Southbridge and anything at Boat/Clarke Quay for me, generally.

I could also throw Skyve into the mix, or for something a lot less formal (albeit no air conditioning) Bar Bar Black Sheep... Jumbo if you guys wanna do dinner beforehand (?). Anyone planning on lunch even?

For somewhere in Orchard that's downright cheap, and in a hotel environment (even their buffets are sub-$20), there's Hotel Jen right on top of Somerset MRT. I think they do all you can drink beer/wine also. Great for chatting, actually as it offers either a huge glass restaurant or the bar which is separate from the reception and also has Orchard views.

No additional comment on the ten-day countdown except I believe in the more time the merrier

Comment

For somewhere in Orchard that's downright cheap, and in a hotel environment (even their buffets are sub-$20), there's Hotel Jen right on top of Somerset MRT. I think they do all you can drink beer/wine also. Great for chatting, actually as it offers either a huge glass restaurant or the bar which is separate from the reception and also has Orchard views.
          Coincidentally where I'm staying...

Good to hear it's a good chatting environment, not a loud bar. Just linked my Golden Circle account with my KF account too. Apparently it offers cross-earning of points, not sure how though.

Comment

Very nice choice of location, SQ228 - I've not seen how the rooms are like, however I don't expect them to be extremely fancy. So, should we book Hotel Jen?

Comment

Very nice choice of location, SQ228 - I've not seen how the rooms are like, however I don't expect them to be extremely fancy. So, should we book Hotel Jen?
              Yeah, they will be dull and "hotel chain", just like the Hotel Jen in Brisbane, but due to my travel addiction, when averaged I exceed one night in six away from home, and nobody else is footing that bill for me!

Comment

Wow, November 11th is actually Veteran's Day in the US, a holiday for all schools and universities and all office working folks. Well, Happy early 10th Anniversary to SQT. Only joined in 2008 though, but it's always good to get the most up to date valuable information before traveling these days.

Comment

Another suggestion:

As much as I respect SQ's legacy aircraft like the 747 and all, I think the above pictures should contain the 2013 cabin products and modern aircraft like just the A380, and Boeing 777-300ER. No disrespect to the current one above.

Comment

Well, looks like I'll be able to make it after all. Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Wow, November 11th is actually Veteran's Day in the US, a holiday for all schools and universities and all office working folks. Well, Happy early 10th Anniversary to SQT. Only joined in 2008 though, but it's always good to get the most up to date valuable information before traveling these days.
                      haha in China 11 Nov it's singles day the biggest online day !!! what a world of coincidences/ Happy B-dae SQTalk

Comment

OK, it looks like 1-Atlitude ( www.1-altitude.com ) will be the venue on Friday night, subject to ironing out a couple of last minute issues.

Sorting all these things out while in the middle of a very heavy travel schedule is not as much fun as it sounds.

Comment

What's the damage?

Comment

What's the damage?
                            Hang on, I'll get my crystal ball.

Comment

Right, all confirmed for 8pm at 1 Altitide.

Those attending or who have expressed an intention to attempt to be there are:

MAN Flyer
                              StarG
                              StarG + 1
                              Lobster
                              SQflyergirl
                              9V-JKL
                              9V-SIA
                              HUGE AL
                              yflyer
                              Kyo
                              Pinkfloyd
                              milehighj
                              UMD
                              SQ228
                              demue
                              kapitan
                              Nick C
                              Dent@SUB
                              SQGamespeed
                              alian
                              b777jubilee
                              Scooby5

Have I missed anybody ?.

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Hang on, I'll get my crystal ball.
                                I read that as "I'll get Cristal"

Thanks Mate!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X