Entering Australia - Grrrrr !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    By the way, the surveillance cameras aren't any denser at the UK border compared to other countries. They're dense inside the UK, but at that point, it's not about protecting borders, which is MAN Flyer's point.
    That's because there is no need to protect the borders: None of the EU countries will attack GB or release hordes of immigrants across the channel
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
      That's because there is no need to protect the borders: None of the EU countries will attack GB or release hordes of immigrants across the channel
      So your "original" "point" about the density of surveillance cameras within the UK was relevant because ...
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I rememberd my bag wasn't searched when I arrived in SYD on SQ221 in March. The only thing I was irritated with was the queue. My friends who picked me up were surprised that I was out that fast. Prob about 30mins. I hold a Singapore Passport and it was my first visit to Australia.

Comment

Come to think of it, I never had a problem with immigrations and customs in SYD for my flights in the past 12 months. I was home in 30 mins after touchdown on Thursday. The previous trip, I was home in an hour (the taxi rank is horrible in the morning)

Comment

IME it's a GOOD thing when one of the roving inspectors talks to you...

Every time I've been approached by one it has resulted in being directed - once bags were retrieved - to go to "that" Customs lane.. which was the Exit!

Some sort of "rapid clearance" for folks who fit the "no worries" profile??? I dunno... but whatever it is I like it!

AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service) has a tough job.. as already alluded to Australias isolation has left us free of many pests (both flora and fauna) and diseases endemic to many parts of the world.... I'll happily put up with having my boots washed (as has happened once) and other minor inconveniences if it helps keep that the case....

Haven't had any bad experiences with Customs or Quarantine coming back in.. but then I've never had a "bad" experience entering the USA OR dealing with the TSA.. and I travel with "restricted goods" quite often (I'm a target shooter and travel to comps)... nor have I had a bad expereince in Asian airports... (or NZ which some folks complain about too)

I approach everyone with a smile and a greeting.. and check the particular local rules before I travel.... Think THAT might have something to do with "no bad experiences"?

No offence.. (and it probably doesn't apply to many folks here).. but from what I've seen problems at Customs/Quarantine really do seem to be generally self inflicted...

Comment

Originally posted by trooper View Post

I approach everyone with a smile and a greeting.. and check the particular local rules before I travel.... Think THAT might have something to do with "no bad experiences"?

No offence.. (and it probably doesn't apply to many folks here).. but from what I've seen problems at Customs/Quarantine really do seem to be generally self inflicted...
              Oh that must be it, we can see where we've been going wrong now.

Do you think I should wear something other than my 'F*ck of Aussies' t-shirt next time then ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Do you think I should wear something other than my 'F*ck of Aussies' t-shirt next time then ?.
                One missing letter but such a big difference in meaning!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  One missing letter but such a big difference in meaning!
                  LOL

Comment

Would that be letter 'a'?

Well, that's how they pronounce it.

Just imagine if someone wore a t-shirt with that slogan. I think it will be a definite route to...
                    rubber gloves time

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      Just imagine if someone wore a t-shirt with that slogan.
                      There are some things you shouldn't do while travelling

-insulting any of the countries you are passing (people can get quite offended by that )
                      -screaming "it's gonna blow!!!" on an airport (dunno... somehow most security guards don't get that joke )
                      -getting drunk and attacking the FA with an empty Vodka bottle
                      -trying to open a door at FL 360 (doesn't work anyway unless you can pull the equivalent of 10 tons )
                      -calling the security guys 'nazis'

However if you manage to do such a thing you're sure to get on tellie& the newspaper
                      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by trooper View Post
                        IME it's a GOOD thing when one of the roving inspectors talks to you...
                        The one that approached me last Thursday was hot!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Oh that must be it, we can see where we've been going wrong now.

I got stopped in MEL for wearing my "No FCUKing Worries" T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          I got stopped in MEL for wearing my "No FCUKing Worries" T-shirt.
                          ....and what did he/she said to you? Any reference made to the t-shirt?

Comment

Reminds me of this story from earlier this year!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              Reminds me of this story from earlier this year!

Unbelievable BAA tw*ts

Comment

She said the words on the shirt were very vulgar and were very inappropriate. I asked to see her supervisor who noticed the brand name the moment he saw the shirt and promptly apologized

Comment

Working...
                                X