Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Icelandic Summer and a side of London, Stockholm & Oslo (SQ, FI, SK, QR in J/Y)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First impressions of the Q-Suite cabin were awesome!!

There were 2 pillows and a blanket placed at each seat, along with an amenity kit which was of a different colour but similar contents as the previous sector.

Compartment at the side which held the reading materials, headsets and a bottle of Evian. Also a small storage area for your small objects.

Seat controls, IFE controller and power outlets.

Cabin crew came round to introduce themselves, offering pre-departure beverages and a hot or cold towel. We were served on each aisle by a Filipino and an Indonesian crew. I opted for a non-alcoholic So Jenny champagne and a cold towel again.

Safety cards.

We were then handed out pyjamas and slippers from The White Company.

Followed by the menus.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Ala carte menu for the flight. Crew came round to take our meal orders, and as before, we can mix and match any food items and have it anytime during the flight. The passenger across the aisle was having the supper dessert for breakfast later in the flight! The purser again came to every passenger and introduced himself, provided some updates on the flight, and assured that we would be well taken care of and to let him know if we had any issues.

The IFE system was the latest upgraded one with very fast response and latest IFE selection, and 'super' wifi connection. Wifi was free for 1hr for everyone onboard, and only USD10 for the whole flight.

Safety video was played as we pushed back. The newer aircraft had an updated version of the safety video.

Switched the IFE system to the tailcam mode to watch the taxi and takeoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMWj5LHcqZ4

View of the front cabin after departure.

Went to the lavatory (all 3 were at the front of the aircraft) to change into the comfortable PJs. One of the lavatory had a view.

Returned to my seat and the crew came round with warm nuts and glass of cranberry juice which I ordered.

My Travel Map

Comment

As our light supper was being prepared in the galley, the crew came round to assist in making the beds. A bedsheet was placed over the seat, and a pillow case was also put over the pillow.

Finishing up with the movie 'Alita' which I did not complete on the last Icelandair flight.

Light supper was served, where I had a delicious soup which had a hint of lemongrass. The soups on Qatar were really awesome! It was accompanied by a very tasty warm breadroll, butter and flavoured olive well as well. After the breadroll was devoured, the crew also actively asked if I would like more.

This was followed by the dessert of warm white chocolate and raspberry crumble. This was very good as well, and presentation was certainly first class.

Ending with more Godiva chocolates an a hot towel.

Time for bed! The bed was comfortable enough that I had about 3hrs of sleep. And I don't sleep well on planes.

Breakfast was served about 2hrs before arrival. Hot towels were given out, and our breakfast orders were delivered. Again, an elaborate table set-up and my first course of yoghurt and granola was delivered.

My Travel Map

Comment

Followed by cut fresh fruits.

Being adventurous, we tried the Traditional Arabic Breakfast. Well, it was definitely not my kind of breakfast food.

No worries, I cold also select from the supper menu and ordered a Nasi Goreng with prawns. It was not bad.

We also ordered the Salmon Congee, which was very comforting.

Ending with a hot towel and a cappuccino. Was offered some mints as well.

Less than 2hrs more to go.

Just prior to descent, another hot towel was offered, which was my sixth(!!) on this sub-8hrs flight!!

Cabin ambience as we started our descent.

Switched back to tailcam view for the landing.

My Travel Map

Comment

Landing on Rwy20R and taxied to Terminal One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T05Xyz54U40

Last look at the double suite.

Rear-facing window suite.

Nice décor along the galley.

View of the front cabin during disembarkation.

View of our aircraft.

Priority bags were first off the belt and delivered promptly.

It was another great flight on Qatar Airways. The quality of the onboard offerings and service is certainly considered the best if compared to a similar sector length flights. There is really a gulf between Qatar Business vs other airlines' business classes that I have flown on, and the tagline 'First in Business' is well worth the hype. If you would like to experience First Class service but satisfied with business-type seats (or Q-Suites which is near First Class), do try out Qatar Airways on your next trip!

My Travel Map

Comment

Considering QR lost US$632 million, I wonder how long they can keep up with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                Considering QR lost US$632 million, I wonder how long they can keep up with all the bells and whistles.
                Considering thr prices they charge, I also wonder how they can breakeven, less so profit.

My Travel Map

Comment

Majority of my flights this year is with QR. Yes... They are mostly the cheapest J tickets. Last year it was CX. I wonder which airline it will be next for me next year.

Comment

A very enjoyable read, ycp81! Great pictures of Iceland. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow. QR is truly stunning. Even more stunning considering the price of this route. ;D

FI also seems really good for its catering and service.

Very nice pictures of Iceland too. Truly out of this world. Also interesting to see what it’s like when it’s green. When we went, it was all white these same places you shared.

Comment

Working...
                      X