Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    4 hours before departure time at LHR, but as SQ LPP asked :
    I must be too tired from work, for some reason I thought that the thread was about non T5.

Does that mean I would not be able to check in my luggage prior to walking about london? Was hoping to check in at around 1pm then take the tube to london to meet the esteemed SQ Talkers?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
      Does that mean I would not be able to check in my luggage prior to walking about london? Was hoping to check in at around 1pm then take the tube to london to meet the esteemed SQ Talkers?
      I think you'll have to leave your luggage at Left Luggage, which, IIRC, is to the left as you exit from T3 immigration. (If you're emerging into T3 from HEX or the Tube, you would make a U-turn towards the right, and it would be on your left.)
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Got a question which I would appreciate any tips on.

I've never been to T5 before and will find myself going there this weekend to pick up a friend who is arriving in the UK for the first time. Friend in question does not speak much English (she's Japanese) and it is quite possible that she may have messed up her plans to get a UK-compatible mobile phone before leaving Japan.

I need to meet her outside arrivals at a prominent enough place that no one can possibly miss - Does anyone have any suggestions what place would be good?

Comment

I'd ask her to find one of the shops in arrivals:

http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co....html#Arrivals

e.g. the M&S Simply Food.

She can't get lost in arrivals. When she exits from one of the two (IIRC) exits after baggage reclaim and customs, she can only go in two directions (left or right with the outside wall being in front of her). It should be easy to find the M&S. Tell her not to exit the building and not to take any escalators/lifts.

Just in case, get her to write down on a piece of paper "Marks & Spencers Simply Food ?"!

Comment

Having checked, there are two exits from baggage reclaim but they go to the same exit to the terminal:

http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co...l-5-map.html#4

I can't remember for sure but I think the M&S may be on the right (if you walk out and are face the outside wall) but best to ask her to try both directions just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              I can't remember for sure but I think the M&S may be on the right (if you walk out and are face the outside wall) but best to ask her to try both directions just in case.
              That's correct, she'll need to turn right upon exiting and then it will come up on her right side.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks very much jhm and jjpb3!

Comment

Working...
                X