No announcement yet.

Kyo Does Taipei + Keelung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...your trip is certainly filled with many feasts.....will try those in my next trip to Taipei!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Miaokou Delights - Super deep-fried hotdog, essentially a hotdog, with double the deep-frying. Will clog arteries.
      yumm yumm yumm .... i love those birthday saussage anyone?
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Hope you enjoyed Keelung - It's my hometown! After I saw your trip report I really miss home!
        The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

Have finished the TR...

Last of the pics added. Sorry for such a long delay in finishing this off. Quite a monumental task (to the others also who normally post theirs - what an effort it must take, truly appreciate reading those too!)

bubblerevolution: It was truly a charming little city and I will remember it always.

Comment

Once again, an excellent first TR thanks Kyo, hats off to you. The food looks amazing (I think it's the sign of a true SQTalker when one takes photos of *everything* you eat whilst on holiday,...and sometimes at home )

Any onboard shots to share?

Comment

nickbot: I've updated Post #5 to show the food I had on-board SQ in Y on the way back (this flight also happened to be the very first redemption I've ever made using FF miles, saved $800, so I'm still quite happy, even if it wasn't in Business)

Anyway, here's the two pics of the food served:

(full description / menu link in Post #5)

(full description / menu link in Post #5)

Comment

Cheers Kyo,...sorry I must've skipped over the earlier post!

Comment

Hey kyo, did you rent a car? Was it easy driving in Taiwan?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    Hey kyo, did you rent a car? Was it easy driving in Taiwan?
                    talk about unearthing an ancient thread phaleesy
                    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

I didn't need to rent a car as I had an old classmate take me everywhere in his army jeep

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                        talk about unearthing an ancient thread phaleesy
                        Of course! So much info and knowledge on the forum. Trip reports take a lot of time and effort to write up. Might as well utilise them to their full capacity. :

Tbh, some reports are so detailed that I feel that I'm already there. I was just telling Jhm them the other day that I might skip chiang Kai shek's memorial because I have already seen it through kyo's report.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I didn't need to rent a car as I had an old classmate take me everywhere in his army jeep
                          Wow! Is he working for the army? I would love to be driven around in an army jeep.

I just watched ang lee's eat drink man woman. I recognise the grand Taipei hotel! Did you just turn up to take a picture? Did you eat there?

Comment

No, my friend is now out of the army. I have no idea how he owns an army jeep but nobody stopped us.

And yes, I turned up to take a picture and walk around inside as it was introduced as a very exclusive hotel for foreign dignitaries.

Comment

Working...
                            X