No announcement yet.

KrisFlyer enhancement: Elite Gold Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not trust such statements from the call centre staff. You can be sure that the training on such new matters is not as comprehensive as you may think. And its down to the individual to memorize all such changes.

The information on their website is the better reference.

Comment

How do I actually use the Elite Gold Reward for double points? I earned one when I reached 60,000 points.

When I click on "use reward" I only can my next flight number. But how do I actually proceed and pick which flight to use it on? There's no buttons to click on?

Comment

You need to open the booking for which you want to use the reward. There you can click on the use reward button.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ773ER View Post
          Just received the email as well, I hope tomorrow it will reflect the new enhancements as my membership year resets end of this month and I currently have 92K miles earned this year.

It's nice to see that SQ is finally introducing some additional benefits to Gold members who clock over 50k miles in whY class.

Do you guys think whether SQ will ever consider to introduce a lifetime Gold status or perhaps a new tier like platinum level?
          recently, once i hit 50k on SQ, i work on getting 50K on JAL for oneworld status.

Comment

Short-Haul Advance Upgrade - Availability

Seeking expertise from my fellow flyers here.

I have a Short-Haul Advance Upgrade. I have an upcoming flight SIN - MNL which I thought I can use it on (Y upgrade to J) as a little treat. On the website it immediately declined so I rang up Krisflyer.

The person on the line told me that all seats are sold out. I informed him I can see J seats available if I were to redeem with miles, therefore not 'sold out'. Then he told me that the Upgrade is booked into Advantage fare - which I clarified is also available via redemption. In conclusion he told me there is nothing he can do.

I later did a test by "trying" to do a normal upgrade by miles to try figure this all out. There is shows availability for Saver fare, but (higher) Advantage fare is unavailable.

It seems SQ makes it so very hard to use these Advance Upgrade.

Anyone here have any experience using this reward, in particular how they can figure out the availability before booking? Otherwise it would almost seems like a shot in the dark, and a random draw of luck?
            Last edited by sqtrans; 13 July 2019, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sqtrans View Post
              I later did a test by "trying" to do a normal upgrade by miles to try figure this all out. There is shows availability for Saver fare, but (higher) Advantage fare is unavailable.

It seems SQ makes it so very hard to use these Advance Upgrade.

Anyone here have any experience using this reward, in particular how they can figure out the availability before booking? Otherwise it would almost seems like a shot in the dark, and a random draw of luck?
              I can't specifically address the problem with the advance upgrade, but I have noticed that on occasion the Saver and Advantage availability shows some quirks. As in the case you noted, there may be Saver seats available but no Advantage seats, or waitlists apply to Advantage and not Saver. I have no idea how or why this happens, but I suspect it's an inconsistency created by cancellations, perhaps.

In general though, if the advance upgrade books into Advantage as you've been told, this will be beneficial most of the time, as the Saver vs Advantage oddity you encountered here is rare.

Comment

Thanks, WBT. It is rather odd but I still have my suspicions they have 'added' these quirks to minimize the use of these Advance upgrades on their 'longer' short-haul flights. MNL is the furthest flight within their definition of short-haul.

In fact I had tried to upgrade again on my flight back from MNL. Lo and behold I encountered similar problems. This time Saver again available but Advantage is on Waitlisted. I noticed similar situations for other flights during the day hence my 'conspiracy'. I even took a screenshot so I'll see if I can figure out how to post it here, at least for our humour.

Anyway, on this occasion I ended up managing to use my upgrade thanks to a certain and very helpful SQTalker here. It is by no means a normal process so I would expect normal people to struggle as I did following the standard process, unless there is something I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                X