No announcement yet.

Singapore Staycation Series 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lounging area of sorts at the same level as the lap pool and fitness center.

As well as more indoor greenery, and even air-conditioned tennis courts.

We used the dining credits for in-room dining. The in-room dining menu was available in the room. Apart from this menu, in-room dining could also be ordered from the Chinese restaurant Jiang Nan Chun.

The dinner spread.

Fried rice with crab meat, egg white and dried scallops from Jiang Nan Chun, and a side of stem broccoli.

Miso Chicken with Sesame Togarashi, Sweet Potatoes

Snapper Bouillabaisse

Dinner with a city view.

Turndown service was provided on request, and we came back, after a walk around Orchard, to a room which was made up and curtains drawn.

Night view from the room.

The next morning, breakfast was served at One-Ninety Restaurant.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Most of the breakfast items were offered buffet-style, but served to you by servers at the buffet counter.

Selection of hot and cold dishes from the buffet, along with juice and latte.

Egg dishes and some ala-carte selections can be ordered from the restaurant staff, where we went for the signature Chilli crab omelette, and a Nasi lemak. However, these (except eggs of your choice) were not offered proactively, and you would need to ask.

Garden@One-Ninety, offering both in-doors and alfresco dining and chill-out areas.

My Travel Map

Comment

Four Seasons is certainly a high quality hotel, with excellent service and product.

To end the staycation, we headed down to nearby Shangri La for dinner at Origin Grill.

Origin Grill is inspired by the origin of flavours, travel adventures and Singapore’s illustrious history of bountiful trade, colonial charm and tropical splendour.

The restaurant showcases fresh, authentic flavours from curated, unique and quality-driven ingredients. Menu selections include line-caught sustainable seafood from Indonesia, and New Zealand, and a bespoke beef selection featuring grass- and grain-fed, pure-, cross- and full-blooded Angus and Wagyu beef from Australia and Japan, as well as snow-aged Wagyu beef from Niigata, Japan.

Restaurant interior

We had the set menu via a Citibank promotion.

Starting with a variety of bread rolls.

Amuse bouche

French Duck Breast

Duroc Pork Collar

Canadian Scallops

Fremantle Octopus

Atlantic Snapper

Black Onyx Angus Striploin

And ending the excellent dinner with a Hazelnut Cocoa dessert.

My Travel Map

Comment

#15 Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
          Pool Terrace

Back during the Vesak holiday midweek in May, I had a stay at one of the most iconic hotels in Singapore, the Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel.

Experience moments of brilliance at the iconic Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel. Be it a family staycation, a getaway, a small-scale event or takeaways, we ensure that the well-being of guests remains our top priority and have taken precautionary measures to create a safe and clean environment - attaining the SG Clean Quality Mark by local authorities. Enjoy unrivalled accessibility with our strategic location on the famed Orchard Road and at the doorsteps of Orchard MRT Station; unsurpassed comfort in our guestrooms with carefully-chosen amenities; access to our Lounge - M Club; thoughtful service. Savour a mélange of gourmet offerings, featuring delightful takeaways, Cantonese and Western cuisines as well as beers and wines, or recharge your senses in our outdoor pool and fitness centre. Host successful corporate and social events or weddings in 18,000 square-feet of inspiring spaces, including a newly refurbished Grand Ballroom and 12 refurbished meeting rooms.

I had booked a stay at one of the more unique rooms at the hotel, the Pool Terrace. My package was inclusive of a High Tea, Breakfast and M Club lounge access. Unfortunately, dining-in was halted due to government regulated enhanced Covid measures during my stay, and everything was served in-room.

Arriving at the hotel for check-in, which was very smooth. Occupancy rate was very low even though the next day was a public holiday.

Headed up to the room, which was at the pool level. The famous Tang Plaza tower, which houses most rooms, in view.

The hotel pool was located at the 5th level.

As the name suggests, the pool terrace room was situated just beside the pool.

Experience resort living in the heart of Singapore when you stay in one of our luxurious pool terrace guest rooms. Relax in comfort amid the modern luxury of our Pool Terrace room, enhanced by luxury amenities, refined design elements, and plush furnishings. Rejuvenate after a full day of exploring Singapore in the en suite bathroom of our Pool Terrace room, a refreshing haven with stylish vanities, plush towels, and a luxurious deep soaking tub.

There was an outdoor terrace with lounging area and views to the pool.

Entering the decently spacious 42sqm room, which felt rather cosy.

My Travel Map

Comment

Antiseptic wipes were provided.

Both capsule and freeze-dried Lavazza coffees, and TWG teas were available.

Baggage rack and wardrobe area.

Spacious bathroom with free-standing tub, separate shower stall and toilet cubicle. There were double sinks as well.

My Travel Map

Comment

The bathtub can be separated from the bedroom via an adjustable divider.

Bath amenities are by Thann.

The stay was inclusive of a High Tea, which was originally supposed to be served at the Lobby Lounge. However, due to dining-in restrictions, it was sent to the room.

All hail the widely revered King of Fruits - Mao Shan Wang durian with its bittersweet taste, fleshy meat and creamy texture! Durian lovers are in for a treat as Lobby Lounge presents the best harvest of durians in our High Tea. Think creamy, decadent Durian pastries oozing with the rich flavours of premium Mao Shan Wang, alongside assorted bakery delights. You will not want to miss the Durian Coconut Tart; Durian Pandan Cake with White Chocolate Chantilly; Durian Swiss Roll; Brown Sugar Cup with Speculoos Cream, and more.

High tea set delivered to the room, inclusive of a glass of welcome cold brew tea and an exclusive selection of TWG leaf teas.

Scones, danish and icing donut.

Mini croissants and sandwiches.

Durian puff, durian panna cotta and tarts

Durian swiss roll, durian pandan cake and cupcakes.

After the high tea, spent the afternoon lazing by the pool. The pool was never crowded, and it is a hidden oasis right smack in the action of Orchard Road.

Sunset

Light dinner and cocktails from M Club were also served in-room. During check-in, we were handed a menu to indicate our selection.

My Travel Map

Comment

Pre-ordered cocktails and drinks delivered to the room.

M Club light dinner selection, which was more than sufficient as a full dinner.

Pool area at night.

Breakfast the next morning was also pre-ordered and advance and served in-room. It was great to be able to enjoy breakfast by the poolside.

The Marriott Tang Plaza Pool Terrace is definitely a unique staycation experience, with a touch of resort feel in the busiest crossroad of Orchard.

My Travel Map

Comment

#16 The St Regis Singapore

The St Regis Singapore
                  Caroline Astor Suite

This was my 2nd stay at St Regis after slightly more than a month. Different from the previous stay, we stayed at the Caroline Astor Suite for this stay.

Hotel info sheet provided during check-in.

Heading to the suite.

As you step into your luxuriously spacious Caroline Astor Suite, marvel at the crisp furniture lines that are offset against the plushness of original designed, hand-tufted carpets and luxurious fabrics from some of the best houses in Europe and America, as well as accents of Thai silks. You will immediately notice the high ceiling, which enhances the suite with a lofty sense of capacious comfort. Take a moment to enjoy the lavish elegance of the drapery, rich fabrics that cascade grandly from ceiling to floor. The living room also features a regal leather-bound writing desk with easy access to the Internet and WiFi, IP phone, a 42-inch LCD TV, sofa, chairs and table. Make yourself at home by settling into a plush divan, gazing above to appreciate the extraordinary finishings of the ceiling.

A plush king-size bed holds court in the separate bedroom, featuring a fully-automatic remote that controls all electronic mechanisms with the touch of a button, another 42-inch LCD TV, and a reading chair with a standing lamp. A discreet walk-in wardrobe and a dressing space ensure additional privacy.

The generously proportioned bathroom is beautifully accented by the deep, rich colouring and veining of the French Brenche de Benou marble vanity tops with double basins. Completing this remarkable experience is the unique freestanding bathtub as glamorous centrepiece, AD Notam TV innovatively installed as part of the mirror, separate jet-massage shower with self-defogging mirror, vanity mirror, dressing table, and a window view into the bedroom.

Entering the suite.

Minibar at the entrance.

Butler service drinks menu

Luxurious bedroom with a plush king bed.

My Travel Map

Comment

Another angle of the bedroom.

Walk-in closet leading to the bathroom.

The famed St Regis luxurious bathroom.

Bath with a tv.

Double sinks with amenities.

Shower room with Remede bath amenities.

Toilet area

Living room

My Travel Map

Comment

Another view of the living room

Masks and a bottle of hand sanitizer were provided.

View from the room, overlooking Tanglin Road and Botanical Gardens.

As dining-in was not allowed during this period, we had bought bento sets from Sichuan Douhua restaurant from Parkroyal Beach Road for lunch in the suite.

Ordered a hot mocha and iced latte from the butler, which was delivered promptly.

Suite benefits include the Aperitivo Hour, which includes a set of canapes and a beverage (alcohol and non-alcohol) of your choice per person. We ordered a Tequila Sunrise and a Darjeeling tea.

For dinner, we ordered 2 set dinners from the hotel's Cantonese fine-dining restaurant, Yan Ting.

My Travel Map

Comment

Dessert cakes and more TWG teas.

View the next morning

Breakfast was ordered the day before via the hotel's app, and delivered as per our requested time to the room. We ordered a variety of items from the menu.

Of course, the signature Epicurean Omelette is a must, but it is a special order to be requested separately and not available in the hotel's breakfast ordering app standard options.

Enjoying the pool before check-out.

It was again another luxurious staycation at St Regis.

My Travel Map

Comment

#17 ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove

ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove
                          Marina View Room

Did a stay at one of the less known accommodation on Sentosa, ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove. The hotel, with only 26 rooms, is located within the clubhouse.

Indulge in Singapore’s most prestigious integrated oceanfront marina. A transient oasis away from the hectic city scene, enter a world of absolute privacy staying in one of the 26 rooms in the clubhouse.

Arrival and checked in with no wait. Parking was complimentary for all hotel guests.

Heading up to the 35sqm Marina View room.

The Marina View Room offers a panoramic view of the marina through the floor-to-ceiling windows that open up to an outdoor balcony.

Entering the room was a closet and luggage rack/bench.

The room was quite spacious and simply furnished.

Room service via QR code.

Drinking water glass bottles provided.

2 Nespresso capsules and some teabags provided as well.

Bathroom was big.

My Travel Map

Comment

Wash basin with basic amenities available. Other than toothbrushes, other items are only available on request.

Step-down bath tub with attached TV.

Bath amenities by Citron Fresh.

Stepping out into the balcony was the view of the marina, with docked yachts aplenty. The city skyline could also be seen in the distance.

As dining-in was not allowed then, we ordered lunch takeaway from Ding Tai Feng on the mainland.

View of the club exterior.

My Travel Map

Comment

Club's infinity pool, which can be accessed by both hotel guests and club members.

Walking around the marina.

For dinner, we ordered bento sets takeaway from Blue Lotus Chinese Restaurant from Quayside Isle.

My Travel Map

Comment

Marina view at night.

Breakfast was included in the room, and it was served to the room at the pre-arranged timing. The mains were accompanied by assorted sides. Portion was generous and quality was good, and of course, what can beat having breakfast with a view of the marina.

Headed to the pool to have a soak.

Passed by the gym, which seemed spacious and well-equipped. However, due to then restrictions, gym could not be used.

Pool was rather empty.

The stay was comfortable, though not particularly luxurious. The hotel is not aimed at the luxury traveller, but more of a weekend getaway place for its club members, but extended to staycation guests during this current challenging period. Breakfast was good, rooms and facilities well-maintained, and view was the highlight.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X