New TAM First on B777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TAM First on B777

Looks nice... very much like a living room as the Business Traveller article mentions (link below). Depending on routes, hope to try this out when they start to roll-out.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-class-on-b777

Novel idea to have tiled floors in the toilets in the style of Copacabana streets of Rio de Janeiro.

Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
    Novel idea to have tiled floors in the toilets in the style of Copacabana streets of Rio de Janeiro.
    That would be a lovely touch indeed. I've seen those tiled floors in the bathrooms of a couple other airlines.

There are some more pics on FB TAM page

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8573916&type=3
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

WOW! Looks Ab Fab.

Their C though.....

Comment

Looks nice, if you're into the "open concept" F, as opposed to "cosy suite-like" F...

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Their C though.....
        My eyes! Haven't seen such an eyesore since the MH psychedelic 737s...

Comment

It's nice to see an airline include vibrant colors in a first class seat for a change. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about their choices for business class.

Comment

Wow - it seems so cozy and home-like in feel.
            I love it.

Comment

Indeed, it feels like a tastefully designed living room in F. The absences of a shell design makes the cabin feel more open and "normal". Very understatedly elegant.

Unfortunately, as some have indicated, the J seats looks like they were designed by someone else! Firstly the 2-3-2 layout doesn't quite cut it. No one who paid premium will want to have the centre seat. And the maroon seats, well ... the designer must have had inspiration from the National People's Congress Hall in Beijing.

Lastly, to borrow a phrase from our grande dame, Y is Y.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Indeed, it feels like a tastefully designed living room in F. The absences of a shell design makes the cabin feel more open and "normal". Very understatedly elegant.

Unfortunately, as some have indicated, the J seats looks like they were designed by someone else! Firstly the 2-3-2 layout doesn't quite cut it. No one who paid premium will want to have the centre seat. And the maroon seats, well ... the designer must have had inspiration from the National People's Congress Hall in Beijing.

Lastly, to borrow a phrase from our grande dame, Y is Y.
                Y reminds me of Virgin...

J reminds me of TK for some reason...

F = well done TAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  F = well done TAM!
                  Let's hope SQ is coming up with something equally good when they roll out the next generation F product in 2013!

Comment

The F cabin looks very stylish and the cushion looks very comfortable.

However the business cabin looks disappointing... first, a middle seat is a disgrace, and second, the new generation of business class seat should allow each passenger with direct aisle access - window or not. That is a "must" if one wants to remain competitive.

Carfield

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      Let's hope SQ is coming up with something equally good when they roll out the next generation F product in 2013!
                      I may be in the minority here but apart from the nice soothing color scheme, I think this design really lacks privacy - this reminds me of AF's current F which is also wide open. I do hope SQ's new F product in 2013 will still have a built-in privacy divider to make sure that its premium pax can continue to feel private and exclusive when they fly F.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Looks nice, if you're into the "open concept" F, as opposed to "cosy suite-like" F...
                        Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        I may be in the minority here but apart from the nice soothing color scheme, I think this design really lacks privacy - this reminds me of AF's current F which is also wide open. I do hope SQ's new F product in 2013 will still have a built-in privacy divider to make sure that its premium pax can continue to feel private and exclusive when they fly F.
                        +1. Privacy please.

Comment

With only 4 seats, this looks already very private to me. Maybe they should add the flexible deviders like seen on LX and LH.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            With only 4 seats, this looks already very private to me. Maybe they should add the flexible deviders like seen on LX and LH.
                            I disagree. With only 1 row of seats, it's almost like you're in a small room together with 3 other people. All the more reason I'd prefer "suite-like" seat designs over the open-plan...

Comment

I've flown the previous F on the 77W and it was already very nice to begin with.

Nice to see them do something special with it though - I like it !

Comment

Working...
                              X