View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 07:22 PM   #97
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Eventually, it was time to head across the terminal to my boarding gate, for KA729 HKG-KUL, a 4.10pm departure.

The weather was still variable, with dark clouds and occasional rain, but at least flights were still taking off...

I trekked across the long spine of Terminal 1 to get to Gate 49 at the far end...

At the gate, Cathay Dragon A330-300 rego B-HLJ, a 26 year old aircraft first flown in 1992, and still in the old Dragonair livery...

This was a full flight, and boarding lines stretched far into the concourse...

Although this was a fairly old aircraft, the interiors had been refurbished, and had a fairly modern cabin product...

I glanced into the business class cabin, with Cathay's much maligned regional J seat, in 2-2-2 layout. These were not the most popular J seats in the fleet, with fairly limited recline and legroom by today's J standards. Not that this was a big concern for me, as I was in Y...

Thankfully the 2-4-2 y cabin was equipped with new (But not the very latest) seats, which were very comfortable.

These seats were very similar to the Y seats on the A330 that flew me on my earlier BKK-HKG sector.

These were well padded and comfortable seats, with good recline and legroom...

Widescreen IFE with USB port...

...and A/C power...

Last edited by yflyer; 20th August 2019 at 08:57 AM..
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote