A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a random snippet.

Doric Asset Finance owns 5 of SQ's 388s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Doric Asset Finance owns 5 of SQ's 388s.
      Are all five of those ten-year leases with the option of extending for two additional years? I understand 9V-SKA, 9V-SKB, and 9V-SKC are owned by Doric. Are the other two Doric-owned birds 9V-SKD and 9V-SKE?

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        Are all five of those ten-year leases with the option of extending for two additional years? I understand 9V-SKA, 9V-SKB, and 9V-SKC are owned by Doric. Are the other two Doric-owned birds 9V-SKD and 9V-SKE?
        Yup. It's the first 5 388s and I believe all 5 are on identical 10+2 agreements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Yup. It's the first 5 388s and I believe all 5 are on identical 10+2 agreements.
          Thanks! As far as you know, do SQ still own 9V-SKF through 9V-SKI?

Comment

• The 11th Superjumbo for Singapore Airlines will be rolled out of FAL this week. So it seems like there will be no deferrals and/or cancellations any time soon on the Superjumbo deliveries like some here wishfully predicted.

Link

Comment

• Originally posted by Verbal View Post
              So it seems like there will be no deferrals and/or cancellations any time soon...
              That is far from clear. SQ's 12th WhaleJet should have entered the FAL months ago and the 13th should be entering soon. No sign of any parts for the 12th (or later) which we should by now have seen for the 13th.

Originally posted by Verbal View Post
              ... like some here wishfully predicted.
              Your assertions that any predictions of deferrals or cancellations were wishful is without any basis. Virtually everyone here is a major SQ fan and would like to see SQ take as many new aircraft -- Airbus or Boeing -- and grow and fast as they profitably can. There are forum members whose enthusiasm for the WhaleJet is unbridled and there are those whose enthusiasm is bridled by the hard reality of economics.

Your attempts to turn this forum into a warzone between Airbus fans and Boeing fans are, in my opinion, unwelcome.

Comment

• The 11th SQ A380, 9V-SKK (F-WWAH), is now fully assembled and parked at the flight production line in Toulouse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a380spo...57621891621406

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                  weren't EK flying their A380 to JFK? How can it not be ready?
                  Dunno if it makes sense but according to the J cabin CS on my last flight, he claimed that it was not a case that JFK was not ready for A380 (as shown by EK) but rather that SQ's A380s were still in the queue for FAA-certification for deployment to US airports. He had no idea when SQ would get the go ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                    Dunno if it makes sense but according to the J cabin CS on my last flight, he claimed that it was not a case that JFK was not ready for A380 (as shown by EK) but rather that SQ's A380s were still in the queue for FAA-certification for deployment to US airports. He had no idea when SQ would get the go ahead.
                    Your CS didn't know what he was talking about. FAA certification is based on type, not on owner. The only thing keeping SQ from flying WhaleJets to the States is the economy.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      Your CS didn't know what he was talking about. FAA certification is based on type, not on owner. The only thing keeping SQ from flying WhaleJets to the States is the economy.
                      Does FAA or any agency at federal/state/airport level have to give authorisation based on safety regulations regarding a new aircraft type belonging to a specific owner? E.g. presence and location of emergency medical equipment etc. on a particular aircraft type belonging to that particular operator? Because this was specifically what the CS referred to regarding "FAA certification" - he obviously did not mean the FAA certification of aircraft type but "operator-specific/unique" equipment or presence/location of such equipment and he referred to safety and medical equipment (presumably stuff like the defibrilator etc.).

Comment

Does FAA or any agency at federal/state/airport level have to give authorisation based on safety regulations regarding a new aircraft type belonging to a specific owner? E.g. presence and location of emergency medical equipment etc. on a particular aircraft type belonging to that particular operator? Because this was specifically what the CS referred to regarding "FAA certification" - he obviously did not mean the FAA certification of aircraft type but "operator-specific/unique" equipment or presence/location of such equipment and he referred to safety and medical equipment (presumably stuff like the defibrilator etc.).
                        I can't find anything like that in the FARs.

Comment

claimed that it was not a case that JFK was not ready for A380 (as shown by EK)
                          huh?

EK flew to JFK before deciding they could make more money flying them on another route. Nothing to do with JFK not being ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                            huh?

EK flew to JFK before deciding they could make more money flying them on another route. Nothing to do with JFK not being ready.
                            I meant to say that "it was not that JFK was not ready for A380" therefore I wasn't saying that JFK was not ready for A380, in fact the opposite. In fact the CS himself even mentioned that EK flew the A380 to JFK.

Comment

I meant to say that "it was not that JFK was not ready for A380" therefore I wasn't saying that JFK was not ready for A380, in fact the opposite. In fact the CS himself even mentioned that EK flew the A380 to JFK.
                              Air France is joining that club before the end of 2009 as well.

Comment

• 9V-SKK has exited FAL and is expected to make her first flight on or about 20 August. She is still due for delivery in January.

Still no sign of a convoy for 9V-SKL.

Comment

Working...
                                X