KLM B777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLM B777

I just notice that KLM B777-300ER (indeed all their B777-xxx) has 3-4-3 configuration in Y.

How can it be possible as all that B777 (200, 300) that I have been has 3-3-3configuration. Does this mean KLM economy is super cramp?
    visit my blog

It's not unusual to find a 3-4-3 seating on a 777. Another infamous example is EK.

Of course, the seats are noticeably narrower.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      It's not unusual to find a 3-4-3 seating on a 777. Another infamous example is EK.

Of course, the seats are noticeably narrower.
      Does it make it very uncomfortable?
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Does it make it very uncomfortable?
        Yes. during meal times, you're fighting elbow space with your neighbour....

TG, JJ are also 3-4-3

Comment

AF too.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Yes. during meal times, you're fighting elbow space with your neighbour....

TG, JJ are also 3-4-3
            Sory what is JJ?
            visit my blog

Comment

Sory what is JJ?
              TAM. Brasilian carrier

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                TAM. Brasilian carrier

ahhh ok ok....
                TG (as in Thai Airways right), their B777-300 is on 3-3-3 configurations
                visit my blog

Comment

ahhh ok ok....
                  TG (as in Thai Airways right), their B777-300 is on 3-3-3 configurations
                  9V-JKL is right. Their 777-200's before refurbishment had 3-4-3 in Y and 2-4-2 in J.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    9V-JKL is right. Their 777-200's before refurbishment had 3-4-3 in Y and 2-4-2 in J.
                    so the new (current) configuration is 3-3-3 right? both B777-200(ER) and B777-300(ER).

May be I should take KLM to Bali to see how "cramp" it is
                    visit my blog

Comment

I've tried the EK Y last year, and I was seated in the middle of the 4-seat section from Dubai to Singapore. I think it's ok for a short-haul but it was truly horrendous for a long haul. It's very hard to sleep in because one is very close to your neighbour. In any other situation, apart from a local bus or train, it could constitute as an invasion of personal space especially if the person next to you has his head drooping down on your side fast asleep and snoring!

Comment

I think scoot will be one for 3-4-3

Comment

All Thai 777 are 3x3x3 currently.

all Nippon domestic are 3x4x3... ok for 1 hour flights but not long haul
                          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Will be trying out KLM's 773ER to Bali next month. A no brainer as they are the cheapest among all airlines on the dates I want (SQ is even charging higher prices in economy than KLM in Business )
                            I will report how "comfortable" the economy cabin is in the 3-4-3 layout.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              Will be trying out KLM's 773ER to Bali next month. A no brainer as they are the cheapest among all airlines on the dates I want (SQ is even charging higher prices in economy than KLM in Business )
                              I will report how "comfortable" the economy cabin is in the 3-4-3 layout.
                              Looking forward for your TR.
                              I am taking KLM to Bali in May.

Comment

Working...
                              X