A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
    9V-SGA just departed TLS on her delivery flight back home as SQ8895. ETA 1640hrs.
    It has been half an hour since she lifted off from TLS, and she continues to fly in a roughly northerly direction (slightly to the east now). Is this normal or does SQ wish to take a longer routing?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
      It has been half an hour since she lifted off from TLS, and she continues to fly in a roughly northerly direction (slightly to the east now). Is this normal or does SQ wish to take a longer routing?
      Yes, most interesting. It's just entered the Arctic Circle, heading of the coast of northern Norway. Intriguing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
        9V-SGA just departed TLS on her delivery flight back home as SQ8895. ETA 1640hrs.
        Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
        She is expected to arrive at Changi at 12.10pm (local time) on Sun 23 September. Flight time to Singapore typically takes 12 hours non-stop.
        My bad. Not You, you are correct about the ETA. 9V-SGA took a route all the way up to the North Pole and is now currently over Russia. According to Airbus, the 'extended route on its Delivery Flight is to enable the airline to undertake performance checks'.

Comment

• 9V-SGA on her Delivery Flight.

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what registration follows SHH. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to SHJ.

SWC was omitted most likely to avoid the landing gear flap looking like a gigantic toilet sign. SKO was speculated to be avoiding "Knock Out" references but I also wonder if it could look like "OK" in a mirror in certain instances. There is no attempt, however, to avoid accidental rudeness or embarrassment. Flying around planes with a giant STD or STI is no issue, and there's also one brand new letter combination that was discussed in another thread of making a rather obscene reference in Chinese. Therefore I think the avoidance of certain registrations is based on safety and operational grounds.

SHI could skip for two reasons: Firstly, H, I, O & X are the four letters of the Roman alphabet that are both vertically and horizontally symmetrical, rendering any combination of them prone to be confused when read upside down, which isn't an impossible scenario in aviation. Since X is never used and there have been no registration series based on the other three letters until now, this will be the first test of this theory. Secondly, should planes be having to say a great big hello to everyone on a constant basis?

Just my thoughts for the morning because I'm avoiding things I really should be doing...

Comment

• New winglets looking sharp!

Comment

• I wonder whether the A350ULR will be rotated to do regional trips before spreading its wings to the USA?

I think some routes, such as SIN-HKG, SIN-HND, SIN-SYD etc has high demand for premium cabins. If flight rotation has enough gaps perhaps SQ should consider launching all Premium Cabin service to HKG, HND and SYD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                  I wonder whether the A350ULR will be rotated to do regional trips before spreading its wings to the USA?

I think some routes, such as SIN-HKG, SIN-HND, SIN-SYD etc has high demand for premium cabins. If flight rotation has enough gaps perhaps SQ should consider launching all Premium Cabin service to HKG, HND and SYD?
                  You'd then need to consider what effect that would have on filling the premium cabins in existing flights, though. The one destination that's been mentioned here before is CGK. it's a short flight, would go into a large pool of existing flights and it seems to have sufficient F demand to make SQ maintain regional F, so perhaps there's a possibility (I mention this with regard to overall "premium" demand- I'm aware that the A350 has no F cabin.) These planes will have very significant gaps between flights, I would be imagining.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    You'd then need to consider what effect that would have on filling the premium cabins in existing flights, though. The one destination that's been mentioned here before is CGK. it's a short flight, would go into a large pool of existing flights and it seems to have sufficient F demand to make SQ maintain regional F, so perhaps there's a possibility (I mention this with regard to overall "premium" demand- I'm aware that the A350 has no F cabin.) These planes will have very significant gaps between flights, I would be imagining.
                    I dont think the crew familiarisation of ultra long haul flight of A359 is necessary since they already SQ31/32 in operation for a while.

CGK and KUL were chosen for A359 familiarisation programme. the demand for premium classes from CGK was quite high, I remembered they deployed A345 all business class config to fly to CGK during Hari Raya season, to cater J class.

Comment

• 9V-SGA has landed at Changi Airport bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 22.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                        I dont think the crew familiarisation of ultra long haul flight of A359 is necessary since they already SQ31/32 in operation for a while.

CGK and KUL were chosen for A359 familiarisation programme. the demand for premium classes from CGK was quite high, I remembered they deployed A345 all business class config to fly to CGK during Hari Raya season, to cater J class.
                        The previous A345 deployment to CGK was what I was thinking of. I don't think they really need any major crew training operations either, but then I stand to be corrected as always!

Comment

• What a beauty! She looked regal just gliding past on final!
                          Last edited by shikhargpt; 23 September 2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Seen you guys this afternoon at Changi Beach. Thanks for the Pics.

Comment

• Beautiful pics, shikhargpt!

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                SQ deployed the A345 to CGK from 2004 to 2008:
                                https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...tes-2004-2013/

Comment

Working...
                                X