No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting to see when and which A380 regro gets the refurbishment first.

Comment

• How bout SKR? Maybe it’s the one being refurbished...after all it’s the only one flown to AUH.
      SIA can do it’s own maintenance, why outsource to Abu Dhabi

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        How bout SKR? Maybe it’s the one being refurbished...after all it’s the only one flown to AUH.
        There is another A380 which fly to AUH for maintenance last year I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
          SIA Engineering handles the maintenance work for SIA aircraft and being a subsidiary of SIA, theirs is strictly a customer/service provider relationship.
          SIAEC handled heavy maintenance for BA and KE A380s in their hangars last year and I assume they didn't have any slot available for SIA's A380.

Comment

• doubt SIAEC do not "have time" for SIA A380s maintenance. It could be that some of the maintenance work is still undr Airbus and that airbus decides on where to send the SQ A380s to for refurbishment or maintenance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              SQ isn't doing the A380 refurbishments. Airbus is doing them.
              SIAEC will be the one doing the actual retrofit

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...rvices-443461/

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                doubt SIAEC do not "have time" for SIA A380s maintenance. It could be that some of the maintenance work is still undr Airbus and that airbus decides on where to send the SQ A380s to for refurbishment or maintenance.
                Aircrafts must be under Airbus's TSP package for Airbus to handle total control of an aircraft's maintenance and decide where it should go for maintenance. For SIA, only their A330s come under this package. The last I checked, their A380s maintenance is still handled inhouse. Even the urgent wing rib repairs a few years back were handled inhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                  They will upgrade but might be the last on the list. N suites award will be much lesser.
                  I agree that this is likely going to be the last route that’s getting the new cabin. I’m back on it SQ26/25 in Feb ‘19 but not getting my hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    SIAEC will be the one doing the actual retrofit

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...rvices-443461/
                    Then in that case, based on the article, the A380 refits will be done at SIN. AUH is basically just a place they send the A380's out for maintenance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• 9V-SKR is scheduled to return from AUH tomorrow (01OCT18), arriving in SIN at 1900 LT as SQ8898.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Hello everyone
                        Would anyone know if both SQ flights on A380 to LHR with new suites from December 2018,
                        Or only one A380 or LHR with new suites? Don’t get me wrong as the previous version of SQ A380 Suite is still good and luxurious, but since SQ introduced the new Suites I would rather fly in it!
                        Any input is much appreciated

Comment

• believed 2 of the 3 daily A380 flights to LHR is on the new aircrafts.

Comment

• I am due back from LHR on 20 Oct SQ221 - currently SKP is doing the run... may have the short straw.
                            Last edited by Bytor; 3 October 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                              believed 2 of the 3 daily A380 flights to LHR is on the new aircrafts.
                              Only 2 daily A380 to LHR wef sept 18. N only one in new config.

Comment

• Then it would be SQ 322 departing at 11.30pm that uses the new A380.

Comment

Working...
                                X