Opening of T3 for Trial flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening of T3 for Trial flights

Tomorrow there are going to be trial flights from the new terminal. So maybe they are going to open it soon.

regards m
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

The opening date is fixed on 9th January 2008.

Comment

How do we know whether our flights will depart from T3? Will the airlines inform us by phone or something? I'm hoping to depart on SQ172 later this month from this new terminal!
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
        The opening date is fixed on 9th January 2008.
        Then there are the public previews/open house right ? Sometime in Nov or Dec I think - I'm hoping we can organise ourselves to go for it together.
        Last edited by upright man; 14 August 2007, 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

The trial flights will only be for staff and some charter flights (military), if you are taking schduled departure flights, pls wait in line till next year.

Comment

The trial flights will only be for staff and some charter flights (military), if you are taking schduled departure flights, pls wait in line till next year.
            Ha! Now I envy those 18- and 19-year olds who know nothing about air travel. They get to use T3 for their overseas exercises while I have to wait till next year.
            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
              Sometime in Nov or Dec I think - I'm hoping we can organise ourselves to go for it together.
              Count me in.
              BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                Ha! Now I envy those 18- and 19-year olds who know nothing about air travel. They get to use T3 for their overseas exercises while I have to wait till next year.
                There's nothing inside but dust. No shops, no water coolers...nothing at all!

To see the new SKL, just proceed to the construction site nearest to your home or worplace....

Comment

There's nothing inside but dust. No shops, no water coolers...nothing at all!
                  I thought we've seen beautiful pictures of T3? Or do they represent just the completed parts of the building?
                  My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Just yesterday there was an article about T3's lighting system in a german newspaper. It seems that T3 has no Windows at all
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                      Just yesterday there was an article about T3's lighting system in a german newspaper. It seems that T3 has no Windows at all
                      Are you kidding?!? I thought the whole terminal is covered by glass? How can there be no windows then?
                      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Agree with nykelaz, I though T3 was very airy and open from the pictures shown on the official website and through the SQ Talk exclulsive sneak peek? I'm pretty sure there were windows....
                        Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

In the report they were saying that the light would be filtered (and its energy reduced) by some kind of shutters. The reasons were a) heat reduction and b) no need for allumination during daytime. However, this concept would be distracted by windows (or so they said).
                          I hate terminals where I can't see what's going on outside
                          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Do you have a link to the report, up and away? In this thread with actual pictures of T3, I see windows starting from the second picture.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I hate terminals where I can't see what's going on outside
                              In this day and time, everybody is jumping on the bandwagon in dressing every other building up in glass and steel. That's happening to the offices and malls in Singapore too. While I appreciate the newer, more modern look, as far as airports are concerned it also means that there's less visibility of the outside for plane-spotters like us.

I remember my colleague telling me to appreciate what we have here -- In Kathmandu, the airport didn't even have airconditioning. Come to think of it, that might actually be good as the aircraft-lovers like us would be able to be engulfed by the roar of the engines!
                              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Working...
                              X