No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SKL has been ferried from SWF to JFK.

9V-SKM is operating SQ9025 (JFK-FRA-SIN) and is scheduled to arrive into SIN tomorrow (07JAN18) at 0510 LT.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• I heard about this and all due to the horrendous cold Arctic front that pulled in, some of it touched Orlando, Florida when I was vacationing. What a horrendous situation to be in and that the A380 landed at SWF.

I hope all the pax are safe.

Comment

• Did the passenger all disembarked at SWF airport? How did they get back to JFK? Was the fees usually covered by the airline?

Usually I thought the passengers will stay in the plane until weather is cleared to fly and then fly to JFK. But since this time SWF is so close to JFK...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
          Did the passenger all disembarked at SWF airport? How did they get back to JFK? Was the fees usually covered by the airline?

Usually I thought the passengers will stay in the plane until weather is cleared to fly and then fly to JFK. But since this time SWF is so close to JFK...
          If you clicked on the linked CNBC article and read it, it says

Stairs were brought to the aircraft and passengers exited the plane into the outdoors, Gerlach said.

Singapore Airlines transported the passengers to New York by bus.
          It was not stated where the bus brought them to exactly.
          The article also mentioned that the flight landed at 1pm but passengers only disembarked at 5pm. Perhaps they waited for conditions to improve to see if they could continue to JFK, but conditions did not.

I missed being on this flight by a few days. I would have missed my domestic connection at JFK...unless it was delayed/cancelled. Not the best situation all around.

Comment

• SQ619 KIX-SIN delayed for 14hours on the 12th Jan. They have to send in a replacement plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by CYY77 View Post
              SQ619 KIX-SIN delayed for 14hours on the 12th Jan. They have to send in a replacement plane.
              9V-STF seems to have AOGed in KIX.

9V-SSB was the replacement aircraft and was ferried SIN-KIX on 12JAN18 as SQ8850. (STD/ATD: 1630/1707)

SQ619|12JAN
              STA: 1710 (12JAN)
              ATA: 0643 (13JAN)
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• interestingly why didnt SIA send its passengers onto other airlines for their flight back to SIN than to send a replacement aircraft all the way there.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  interestingly why didnt SIA send its passengers onto other airlines for their flight back to SIN than to send a replacement aircraft all the way there.
                  Depends how full Y is I guess. If it's a full flight that's 250 people to rebook and if it's a busy day for departures, other airlines might also be full.

Comment

• Plus direct KIX - SIN offers very limited options. Likely cheaper and better for customer to accommodate with botel and fly back on SQ direct to SIN.

Comment

• Anyone know why SQ1 is departing late from SFO most nights now? I get right now the Pacific has some Summer tailwinds going West (Normally there are strong headwinds this time of year). Just curious.

Comment

• What happen to 9V-SMF in IAH? Now on her way back as SQ9051 more than 24 hr after normal SQ51 schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                          What happen to 9V-SMF in IAH? Now on her way back as SQ9051 more than 24 hr after normal SQ51 schedule.
                          It must sound like a technical/AOG problem as that's almost always been the case when A359 flights are delayed this much and this seems to only be happening with the A350 even newer A350 aircraft as well.

Comment

• SQ207/8 on 22JAN18 delayed by 2 hours (9V-SMB)

Faulty valve/software error on an engine cooling system detected prior to take off and could not be resolved with a reboot. Taken to remote stand for an engineer to physically fix the issue which was done in under an hour. Delayed by almost a further half hour as the person who drives the stair unit couldn't be found.

It's going to cost SQ quite a lot unless they can really do a fast turnaround and make up some time on the way back as SQ208 passengers will likely miss quite a number of connections, unless they can hold those flights.

Comment

• Due to an unusual heavy snowstorm that happened in Tokyo, pretty much every SQ flight that departed after 3PM had either at least 2 hours delay or cancellation.

The morning flight out of HND (SQ631) managed to depart on time. The evening flights SQ633 and SQ635 were delayed for 2 hours at least. From NRT, the morning flight SQ637 and afternoon flight SQ11 (9V-SNC from LAX) managed to depart on time.

Towards the evening however, SQ12 (9V-SWN) made it to NRT on time but flightradar shows the flight to LAX as Canceled but SQ's flight status shows Delayed to the next day at 4PM. I wonder if this is something more than a snowstorm, a tech problem on SWN. As a result, I don't think there will be a SQ7 departing this afternoon.

Comment

• SWN from SQ12 had almost a 24 hour delay due to the snowstorm, and operated the continuing flight as SQ12D. I hope there wasn't anything beyond that (i.e. Equipment problem itself) Now it is doing SQ9007 to ICN/SIN and is supposed to arrive past midnight (Identical to SQ15's schedule back in the day) instead of at 10:20PM. There will still be an SQ7 served by SWV departing at its usual time of 4:05PM later today.

Comment

Working...
                                X