Park Hyatt vs. regular Hyatt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Hyatt vs. regular Hyatt

In a city (Tokyo for e.g.) with both a P. Hyatt and say a Grand Hyatt, is there much product differentiation?

HUMONGOUS!
    HUGE AL

Comment

For Tokyo, Park Hyatt is top of the line compare to the Hyatt at Shinjuku for example. (Gosh have not been there for a very long time. )
      In general, for the Hyatt Group, Park Hyatt at the top, follow by Grand Hyatt.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Followed by Hyatt Regency and/or Andaz (we'll have to see how the brand shakes out) followed by Hyatt Place.
        HUGE AL

Comment

I've stayed at the PH D.C. and IMHO it's the best hotel in the area...

Comment

Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
            I've stayed at the PH D.C. and IMHO it's the best hotel in the area...
            It's a bit older. I believe their GM is now opening the Andaz property in Hollywood (the old Riot House).
            HUGE AL

Comment

The Park Hyatt is absolutely the bomb (in a very, very good way).

I also like their lobby very much, more than other Jap hotels, hehe

Comment

Hey Kyo, were you able to check out the one in Seoul? I may be in residence there shortly.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Unfortunately not, I was instead staying with Ascott's Somerset Palace and Accor's Sofitel when I was there in March.

I've heard good things about it though - and their bar is quite famous, JJ's, iirc..

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    Hi there SQ LPP,

IIRC (having worked for Hyatt Int'l a few years ago) it's a different type of structure - both Grand Hyatt & Park Hyatt are 5 star offerings but generally aimed at different markets..

In the same way that Sofitel and Pullman hotels are for Accor...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                      ...both Grand Hyatt & Park Hyatt are 5 star offerings...
                      Are there ANY 5 Star Grand Hyatts???
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Park Hyatt is amazing (check out the bar on the top floor). Century Hyatt (aka Regency Hyatt) is also very good, but no comparison. The latter is in Shinjuku, so convenient to the station etc.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                          Park Hyatt is amazing (check out the bar on the top floor). Century Hyatt (aka Regency Hyatt) is also very good, but no comparison. The latter is in Shinjuku, so convenient to the station etc.
                          They are both in Shinjuku. The Grand is in Roppongi Hills.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                            Do note that TPH is still quite a walk from the station by foot... especially if freezing in winter.

Still prefer to go by Airport Limousine bus as it's direct to the hotel.

Yes, it's amazing indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Do note that TPH is still quite a walk from the station by foot... especially if freezing in winter.

Still prefer to go by Airport Limousine bus as it's direct to the hotel.

Yes, it's amazing indeed!
                              There is a shuttle that operates until 22:30 IIRC. If you do walk and get cold, you can make a majority of the journey underground.

I agree on the Friendly Bus. However, if my flight arrives NRT around rush hour, I consider the NRT Express as it gives me another hour of partying.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X