Transfer Time SIN for MH to SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Time SIN for MH to SQ

I have an 8:05AM flight KUL-SIN on MH (scheduled to arrive at 9AM) and connecting on a separate PNR with SQ830 10:00AM SIN-PVG. Please tell me I have enough time. I assume I can check in for my SQ830 flight when I check in at the MH Counter in KUL even though there are 2 separate rez?

On separate tickets I'd want longer transfer time. Your KUL-SIN flight only needs to be a bit late and you'll misconnect.

PS MH will not be able to check you in for SIN-PVG and in the circumstances SQ at KUL may be reluctant to check you in too.

Comment

That's tight, although legal (I think) had it been one ticket. And Kiwi is right, MH won't check you in, although SQ may, you can ask.

Comment

If there was any other option (including transit hotel previous evening), I would take that, rather than risk missing the flight.

Remember SQ applies the "be at the gate 10 minutes prior" rule religiously too.

Comment

The check-in on SQ is no problem - just do that online if you're willing to risk it and print out your BP in advance or get one at the transfer desk when arriving in SIN. MH won't entertain, of course.

Last night my KUL-SIN flight was delayed 32 mins due to the terrible lightning storms raging around. That was one scary flight - if travelling during this period, or anytime soon, I'd highly recommend a bit more time to prevent a misconnection.

Comment

believed that there's some earlier flights from KUL top SIN before 8am - pls check tiger, air asia or MH earlier flights

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Last night my KUL-SIN flight was delayed 32 mins

Lucky you Mine was double that going the other way night before last

Comment

Trying not to drag this OT, but I'd prefer to be less lucky and instead go in conditions where lightning isn't flashing every 3 seconds...

broadwayboy, are you travelling anytime soon?

Comment

We are flying on March 16...

Should I start looking for other flights?
                  Tiger Air has a 7:40AM flight. But don't they operate from different terminal? I wonder if they can interline luggage all the way to PVG?

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Trying not to drag this OT, but I'd prefer to be less lucky and instead go in conditions where lightning isn't flashing every 3 seconds...

broadwayboy, are you travelling anytime soon?
                  Last edited by broadwayboy; 2 March 2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I dont't believe you can check your bags through for Tiger flights. You'll have to pick up your bags at the Budget Terminal and proceed to the departing terminal for your SQ flight (which will be T3).

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                      I dont't believe you can check your bags through for Tiger flights. You'll have to pick up your bags at the Budget Terminal and proceed to the departing terminal for your SQ flight (which will be T3).
                      That's correct, plus, it's a Budget to T2 bus, then T2 to T3 skytrain - the shuttle bus only goes to T2, so it'll be a rather lengthy transfer.

Comment

Thank you all. I am now trying to get into SIN the night before
                        Maybe I'll take the last MH flight and stay at T3 Crowne Plaza or take earlier flight and go to town for dinner

Comment

yes thats a better n more secure way to ensure u get on yr PVG flight - but do fly down to sin earlier if u can and have more time to go down to the city n have a good dinner.
                          FYI air asia have a 730am flight to sin and it uses Changi Terminal 1 - so its easy then tio take the short skytrain ride to T3.

Comment

Thank you. The 730AM AK flight is very tempting (it's only 9 ringgit too!). If I were traveling by myself, I'd take this option. But since I'll be with 2 family members, I'd spare them the suspense of running between terminals should there be a delay.

Slightly off-topic, for a 10PM flight KUL-SIN, how many hours in advance do we need to show up in KUL? Is 1 hour enough?

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            yes thats a better n more secure way to ensure u get on yr PVG flight - but do fly down to sin earlier if u can and have more time to go down to the city n have a good dinner.
                            FYI air asia have a 730am flight to sin and it uses Changi Terminal 1 - so its easy then tio take the short skytrain ride to T3.

Comment

yup 1 hour is sufficient i've tried 45 minutes (with web c/in and no luggage)...

Comment

Working...
                              X