Jewel Changi Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
    I had a careful look of the place walking through T1 arrivals a week or two ago, then again from the taxi heading home...…. whilst it's still dirty now etc. during construction, sorry, but the place is still a mess on the outside.

It is not pleasant to look at.

I just wonder how many drivers will get blinded by sunlight reflection off one of the panels that must surely aim a beam straight down the road. The first photos already give an introduction of what I mean, worse at dusk.
    It also poses issues for ATC at the control tower

Comment

I had a careful look of the place walking through T1 arrivals a week or two ago, then again from the taxi heading home...…. whilst it's still dirty now etc. during construction, sorry, but the place is still a mess on the outside.

I just wonder how many drivers will get blinded by sunlight reflection off one of the panels that must surely aim a beam straight down the road. The first photos already give an introduction of what I mean, worse at dusk.
      I would be more worry on pilot get blinded by sunlight reflection. Think designer is likely to consider this before the project start.
      Some years back, Singapore started with level 1 secure building for most important IT shop. Not sure if the same study been conducted for airport or any high security area like sea port etc.

Comment

The new T1 carpark to open on 20 November 2018.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ewel-on-nov-20

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
          The new T1 carpark to open on 20 November 2018.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ewel-on-nov-20
          Park in the lower decks if you wish to stay more than 90mins.

The top two carpark floors at Jewel will be reserved for short-term parking, with rates shooting up from 4 cents a minute to $5 per half-hour after the first 90 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
            and even for aircrafts landing on runway 20-L/C during the afternoon where the shiny broght reflections of the Jewel's roof. It's a matter of time that something will be done to the Jewel's roof when it opens shortly next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
              Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              I would be more worry on pilot get blinded by sunlight reflection. Think designer is likely to consider this before the project start.
              Some years back, Singapore started with level 1 secure building for most important IT shop. Not sure if the same study been conducted for airport or any high security area like sea port etc.
              Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              and even for aircrafts landing on runway 20-L/C during the afternoon where the shiny broght reflections of the Jewel's roof. It's a matter of time that something will be done to the Jewel's roof when it opens shortly next year.
              Well, at most they add sunshades on the roof, something like the "durian spikes" in Singapore Esplanade theatre.

Comment

Will the Skytrain stop at Jewel, or just run through it on its way between T2 and T3 ?

Comment

See on Instagram that Jewel is set to open April 17th.

BTW, Skytrain will not stop at Jewel, just passinng through between T2 and T3

Comment

Watch out for massive traffic jams to Jewel on the 1st weekend of opening on 20 and 21st April and the following weekend. Travellers to T1 beware.

Comment

There's a big movie - Endgame on 25th week.... gives the crowd another reason to go Jewel. better avoid.

Comment

I arrived in SIN today, and exited the terminal out of T1 arrivals.

The Jewel's waterfall has been turned on, and it really looks great.

You can't actually go inside the Jewel to take a look, as there are barriers, but even peeking in from the outside, I found it to be very beautiful.

Comment

May I ask when Jewel is opened, does it mean that trains will resume operation between Concourse B and E?
                          I hope Singapore Airlines will play a video on the new Jewel and provide a new connection map for all connecting passengers arriving Changi from next Wednesday.
                          I am concerned people will miss their flight or get lost in the Jewel due to lack of signage and directions.
                          Also, who is going to the preview between 11 - 16 April?
                          I really hope some members here, such as AusBT or Mainly Miles can go in this week and give us some pictures and directions so that passengers can have some idea of what to expect in the Jewel.
                          Last edited by Metropolitan Airlines; 9 April 2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            May I ask when Jewel is opened, does it mean that trains will resume operation between Concourse B and E?
                            I hope Singapore Airlines will play a video on the new Jewel and provide a new connection map for all connecting passengers arriving Changi from next Wednesday.
                            I am concerned people will miss their flight or get lost in the Jewel due to lack of signage and directions.
                            I really hope some members here, such as AusBT or Mainly Miles can go in this week and give us some pictures and directions so that passengers can have some idea of what to expect in the Jewel.
                            The Skytrain service between B-E (airside) is scheduled to resume on Friday (12APR19) from 0500 Hrs. As such, the airside shuttle bus service between B-E will cease from the same day at 0230 Hrs.
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                              There are long walkways from the Departure Halls of T2 (I can't confirm this, I can only estimate it from T3) and T3 into the Jewel. From T1, you can walk across the road from the Departure Hall and somewhere from below the Arrival Hall (yflyer should be able to confirm this).

There are already signage to the Jewel up at many places. Don't think you'll get lost as it's not a very large place. I'll be there for the preview, so I can double confirm.

Comment

Preview

https://mothership.sg/2019/04/jewel-...entre-preview/

Comment

Working...
                                X