SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    “New flights” I was referring to additions like... SQ267/8..SQ504...SQ620...etc.. all of which utilise the regional fleet. Seems they’d need a net growth in regional aircraft.
    Just FYI, SQ267 returns as SQ258... and operates until 31 July.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      SIA would have taken into account the 787s and 737Max issues, but would be reducing its A330s as planned. This is because of the deliveries of new aircrafts as within the year from now, there will be 12 A350s deliveries which meant one delivery every month and another 3 787s will join the fleet too. Hence even if currently 2 of its 787s are grounded due to the RR engines issues, the planned reduction of its older aircrafts would continue.
      I think you've got it right. I also think there was a plan to re-instate one 772 in May (the one alluded to in the May presentation slide). That plan got cancelled -- not necessary with the deliveries of 9V-SCK, -SHF, and SHG -- and now, SHH.

The presentation slide just didn't get corrected before release. The planned withdrawals are now back on schedule (e.g. 9V-STV).

Comment

• 9V-SRP is out on a test flight as SQ8877.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
          No worries. SQ is aggressively replacing the A330s and 772/Es with new A350s and 787s.

Comment

• Strangely, 9V-SQM is the next 772 that has stopped flying (since 8 June)
            SQM is the most recently refurbished 772...done end 2017.
            Regular maintenance?

Comment

• Last Tuesday while landing on 20R i saw a 772 which was stripped of titles (and 2 other 772s parked facing each other). I assume this 772 is SQJ.

Yesterday while landing on 20C, i clearly saw a 777 in the hanger with its titles removed too. I couldn't tell which type of 777 it was, unfortunately.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                Last Tuesday while landing on 20R i saw a 772 which was stripped of titles (and 2 other 772s parked facing each other). I assume this 772 is SQJ.
                The all-white 772 should be the former 9V-SQK.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                  Last Tuesday while landing on 20R i saw a 772 which was stripped of titles (and 2 other 772s parked facing each other). I assume this 772 is SQJ.

Yesterday while landing on 20C, i clearly saw a 777 in the hanger with its titles removed too. I couldn't tell which type of 777 it was, unfortunately.

Any thoughts?
                  SQJ identified correctly, SQK should be the all white one

the one in the hanger could be either SRP or SRQ... both have been out for awhile and apparently going to NokScoot.

hmm...but titles removed...i'd think if SRP/Q are going to NokScoot it should be a paint job, not titles removed?

but anyway, on the right corner looks like another 772 in the hanger still with the titles. perhaps that could be SQM. surely SQM will be one of the later ones to be retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    SQJ identified correctly, SQK should be the all white one

the one in the hanger could be either SRP or SRQ... both have been out for awhile and apparently going to NokScoot.

hmm...but titles removed...i'd think if SRP/Q are going to NokScoot it should be a paint job, not titles removed?

but anyway, on the right corner looks like another 772 in the hanger still with the titles. perhaps that could be SQM. surely SQM will be one of the later ones to be retired.
                    9V-SQM back in service -- performed SQ186/185--22 to SGN v v.

Comment

• What about the 77W's? I see some flights where the A359 has replaced the 77W. is there a separate thread on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by ekimnat View Post
                        What about the 77W's? I see some flights where the A359 has replaced the 77W. is there a separate thread on this?
                        None of the 77Ws are being withdrawn from service. If A359s are replacing them, then it just means they're being redeployed elsewhere.

Comment

• Probably FY2021 or when the 777X deliveries begin.
                          The oldest of the 77Ws will be 15years old by then so it’s likely some will get retired

Comment

• There will be a number of 77Ws that will continue to fly till at least 18 years old - just like some of its 772s as it will take another 5 years before all the new 777X be delivered and with some delays with the new engine, SQ's first 777X will likely be delivered sometime in 2022 instead of 2021.

Comment

• Rossiya SQ?

Originally posted by pokfur View Post

Any thoughts?
                              There is a Boeing 777 painted in Rossiya colours in the area parked at cargo apron. is that an ex sq 772 going on to Rossiya?

Thank you.
                              https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
                                There is a Boeing 777 painted in Rossiya colours in the area parked at cargo apron. is that an ex sq 772 going on to Rossiya?

Thank you.
                                SRP & SRQ are both noted on planespotters as going to XW. If there is an SQ 772 going to FV, it would have to be SQJ but there's nothing noted on planespotters about it. The Russians do seem to like buying old SQ 777s and so far the majority of ex-SQ 777s have found new homes, so it's certainly possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X