A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    SQ may then reconfigure back one or two of these ULRs to the standard 3 class configuration.
    That’s spicy, didn’t cross my mind. Probably a new route though.

Comment

• I don't see why they would do that though, since the refits would have cost extra money.

Presumably the extra 3 weekly SFO and LAX frequencies were a stop gap until they could decide on what new route they wanted. (as for why not double-daily SFO, I'd guess the extra LAX flights were a response to UA, and they didn't expect UA to pull out so quickly)
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• The only capacity within the current A350 long haul fleet to free up extra craft for additional long hauls is one daily BNE flight pair (SQ246/5). The reason this flight pair could do so is because it flies overnight on one of its legs.

All other shorter regional and medium haul flights exist to utilise the fleet between long haul requirements. Removing any of these flights would not create further long haul capacity as they are day flights.

The absolute necessity in finding A350 long haul capacity is securing an aircraft between 0100 and 0500 as this is when the fleet is at its peak usage. To illustrate, all flight pairs to AMS, CPH, MXP, BCN, DUS, MUC, JNB & IST require the plane twice between 0100 & 0500, but only once between 0800 & 2100. That’s a major constraint to work around when scheduling the SMx fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          The absolute necessity in finding A350 long haul capacity is securing an aircraft between 0100 and 0500 as this is when the fleet is at its peak usage. To illustrate, all flight pairs to AMS, CPH, MXP, BCN, DUS, MUC, JNB & IST require the plane twice between 0100 & 0500, but only once between 0800 & 2100. That’s a major constraint to work around when scheduling the SMx fleet.
          The A350 is being taken off SIN-MEL (SQ207/208) and will be replaced by the 77W. Effective 29 March 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
            The A350 is being taken off SIN-MEL (SQ207/208) and will be replaced by the 77W. Effective 29 March 2020.
            They may be redirecting it to a different day flight or combining it with another A350 change to create further capacity. Removing a day flight by itself only creates capacity for another day flight. They already have plenty of spare capacity within the SMx fleet during SQ207/8 with some of them sitting at SIN on any given day so this change may have more to do with increasing capacity to MEL.

Comment

• From 29/3. , SQ890/891 will be using the A350 long haul version. And Seattle also will be adding one more flight. Thus that might explain SQ207/208 will be swapped out of the A350?

I think we might see SJB/SJC/SJD.

Comment

• 9V-SJA will be doing her CAF possibly today. She could be delivered late this week or early next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                  From 29/3. , SQ890/891 will be using the A350 long haul version. And Seattle also will be adding one more flight. Thus that might explain SQ207/208 will be swapped out of the A350?

SQ890/891 would absolutely be the swap with SQ207/208. That’s very good info! They’ve chosen to switch capacity of HKG to MEL. This can be seen as a straight swap which would not have any bearing on A350 long haul operations.

The extra SEA flight would probably be squeezed from existing capacity as there are a few days of the week where an extra rotation could be jammed in. It would be getting a bit tight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    Essentially there will be 2 extra A350s that is not required and unless SQ announces a new longhaul destination to the US, these 2 A350s will be not effectively used but up till now there is no announcement of any new US destination. SQ may then reconfigure back one or two of these ULRs to the standard 3 class configuration.
                    Actually, now that I think about it, would it be possible to have a 7 abreast PEY cabin of 3-4 rows on the ULR, and then have a small true economy cabin at the back?

Presumably if QF can get away with selling 9 across on the 787 for PER-LHR, SQ could afford to do so on the A350.
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      Agreed - I'd say it's almost inevitable.

SIA have 11 A350 delivery slots in the (approximate) July - December 2020 period. They won't need 11 more A350 Regionals next year on top of the 4 A350Rs arriving Jan-Mar.

Comment

• 9V-SJA is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (23NOV19) with STA: 1440 as SQ8895.
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• 9V-SJA is displaying her Final Registration after 2 CAF and is ready for her flight home later this evening.

Comment

• 9V-SJA is on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is scheduled to arrive at Changi at 4.42pm (local time).

Comment

• 9V-SJA has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 43.

Comment

• 9V-SJA landing at Changi on its Delivery Flight.

Photo source: Niner Victor FB page
                                Last edited by SQKevin; 23 November 2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X