Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyatt, what on earth are you doing to us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatt, what on earth are you doing to us?

It is fair to say it has not been a great few months for Hyatt, for Diamond members in particular.

First of all we had the disastrous attempt to woo worried Starwood and Marriott customers who don't like the look of the merger of the two, which ended up with them handing Diamond status out to virtually anyone who bothered to ask. Then they had to hold their hands up and admit they had suffered a serious malware attack that incredibly was going on for five months from August to December before it was discovered. And now they announce that our DSU's have to be used before their expiry date and not just booked.

I have had top tier status in most of the hotel loyalty programmes at some point, including IC RA, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond etc and Hyatt Diamond has been the best of the lot until now so I despair at what's happening at the moment.

May I remind you of the Savage25 effect?
    I made Diamond for the first time in 2014...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      May I remind you of the Savage25 effect?
      I made Diamond for the first time in 2014...
      Marry that gf and start a family ASAP so you stop traveling!

You see, MAN Flyer, we now know the cause!

Not that I ever use my DSUs, but I do think they will have to change the policy due to the T&C. Doesn't make much sense to say you can use them "at the time of booking" when you will now have to wait until March 1 to have them deposited into your account.

Write Thomas Pritzker. Make your voice heard. Something just might happen.
      HUGE AL

Comment

well, if you need to use up your hotel points, I don't mind being gifted with a few nights in Grand Hyatt Bangkok ...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          You see, MAN Flyer, we now know the cause!
          Don't we just.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          well, if you need to use up your hotel points, I don't mind being gifted with a few nights in Grand Hyatt Bangkok ...
          Nah, ait until the Park Hyatt opens. Besides, I thought you were rather happy with your current, or previous, arrangements ?.

Comment

Careful, he's a Hilton fan...

Comment

Working...
            X