Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA brand set for major overhaul

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ne-on-the-hunt

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Just make the website work

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      The website I absolutely agree with. The app is great except when you're doing a dummy booking. On the app at least that they got to fix

Comment

Any chance you can share the entire article? I disagree with the fact that ST tends to mark their SIA reporting as “premium” content, for a people’s newspaper that’s not very inclusive.

Comment

Amen to that!

It's so unusual in the modern day to have to spend so much time on the phone to complete unusual bookings!

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
            Amen to that!

It's so unusual in the modern day to have to spend so much time on the phone to complete unusual bookings!
            I don’t quite understand why i read so many people complain not being to complete bookings on SQ website. What circumstances do they occur? I have never encountered problems booking on SQ website.

Comment

Comment

I think it’s Scoot that needs the overhaul. The entire brand screams cheap and cartoony.

Comment

Don't have access to the article either, could someone kindly share what it says? Thank you.
                  Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                    Don't have access to the article either, could someone kindly share what it says? Thank you.
                    Try this
                    https://www.pressreader.com/singapor...81668255826856

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...ncies-2019.pdf

Comment

Indeed. You do wonder how many millions that thing has cost them over the last few years.

Comment

I would agree that when the website was "upgraded" it was pretty poor, but certainly I have not had any issues with it for some while now.

As for the brand, I hope they don't decide that the Singapore Girl has has her day. I do think the paintwork on the planes could be freshened up, but no-one let the brand agency go crazy like BA did with the ethic tail fins, quite shocking.

Comment

The current paintwork and font type has been around since the mid-80's if my memory serves me right. I think if I dig my archives hard enough I might find a letterhead of the branding prior to this one.

I do agree that the Singapore Girl kebaya should stay - it's iconic and it does not look dated at all - but I'm not a millenial.

Anecdotally, I observe the bulk of SQ's current customers belonging to Baby Boomers and Gen X and their dependent children, while the younger generations tend to prefer LCCs. I don't have hard numbers but this is just observations of what my nephews and nieces do, once they do not have their parents paying for their holidays.

If SQ's long term strategy is to go after the millenials and Gen Zs then yes, they'll need to bring it up date. Many of these generations are having multiple vacations a year. External branding is just one bit of the whole strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              The current paintwork and font type has been around since the mid-80's if my memory serves me right. I think if I dig my archives hard enough I might find a letterhead of the branding prior to this one.

I do agree that the Singapore Girl kebaya should stay - it's iconic and it does not look dated at all - but I'm not a millenial.

Anecdotally, I observe the bulk of SQ's current customers belonging to Baby Boomers and Gen X and their dependent children, while the younger generations tend to prefer LCCs. I don't have hard numbers but this is just observations of what my nephews and nieces do, once they do not have their parents paying for their holidays.

If SQ's long term strategy is to go after the millenials and Gen Zs then yes, they'll need to bring it up date. Many of these generations are having multiple vacations a year. External branding is just one bit of the whole strategy.
                              One of the reasons the millenials prefer flying LCCs over SQ is the price. With apps to sieve out the lowest fare available, most tech savvy youngsters rarely fly SQ due to its high fares ex-SIN. SQ has always marketed itself as a premium airline and I fear changing their branding to attract this segment would do them no good.

Comment

Working...
                              X