SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    The A330 - both new and old demand is pretty healthy. Especially as the SQ aircraft are quite young.
    Yea you are probably right. I know demand on old 772 & A340 is low. I guess i should not have assumed A330

Comment

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
      I know demand on old 772 & A340 is low.
      You are bang on there along with the A380 as you mentioned before. I think its the 777-200(er) & 777-300 that have been an issue. Used 777-300ER seem to have found homes ok.

Comment

Former 9V-STP & 9V-STS are looking for new owners as Transasia Airways has ceased operations.

Comment

9V-STD, 9V-STE and 9V-STG rumoured to be going to TAP.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
            Sad to see more A330s go instead of the 772s. Any idea when these planes would be leaving the fleet?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
              Sad to see more A330s go instead of the 772s. Any idea when these planes would be leaving the fleet?
              Probably when their leases expire in March, April and May respectively.

Comment

Well, STD has already stopped flying, for the last week at least.

I sort of recall an announcement last year about more A330s leaving before the end of March this year, so I'd assume they were part of the ones being referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                  A330's are on leases that are expiring and the 772's are owned

Comment

9V-STD still hasn't flown for another week. Beginning to look like it could be departing.

Departed A330s all seem to have found homes, currently flying with HX, SN or WW. As noted by FN-GM, the two that went to GE are now grounded though. They are parked at CRK awaiting a third livery to fly under.

Comment

There is what looks like a Shaheen Air A330 inside SIAEC hangar as of today. Is that an ex-SQ bird?
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        Confirm that 9V-STD and 9V-STE have been withdrawn. The in-service number of A330-300s is now 24.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          There is what looks like a Shaheen Air A330 inside SIAEC hangar as of today. Is that an ex-SQ bird?
                          I think it was Shaheen Air A330-301 AP-BKN. It was leaving the fleet, pre-handover maintenance in SQ Engineering. Thereafter it left for Karachi Feb 14, 2017 then onwards Amsterdam on March 2 and Kansas USA for scrapping on the same day. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mzunguwamap/32425702143/

AP-BKL has not flown any route since Mar 3, 2017. A-BKM is now being scrapped in Kansas City, went for retirement earlier.

Comment

Same here, sad to see more A333 going off. B772 also left a few.

Comment

Just flew on STA yesterday...still in service..

Comment

9V-STE went out for an air-test this afternoon (03APR17) as SQ8893 in an uninspiring all-white livery

Due to enter service with TAP - Air Portugal as CS-TOV
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X